We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Rome

Which Frascati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ayrshire, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Rome

HI All,

Just wondering if the train from Frascati to Rome is included in the B.T.I. 3-day tourist ticket? I can't seem to find any information on it,if just says it covers the Rome area, and I think Frascati may be too far out. Thanks for the help!

3 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Rome

There's a map here that shows (with a stylized circle) the limits for the B.T.I.; the last stop for which a regular ticket is valid is shown in red; where there are no stops in red, it's valid for the whole line):

http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=4

For Frascati, you need a three-zone BTR, which costs 16 Euro until May 25 and I don't know how much after that. If you're only planning to go to Frascati once, consider a one-day BIRG (price until May 25 6 Euro, as I recall).

Ayrshire, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Rome

Thank you so much, the map is very helpful. We are actually staying in Frascati for 3 days and will be travelling into Rome each day to sightsee. I thought the BIT would be the best bet getting around Rome, we won't have to faff about with tickets. We will just buy a ticket each day from Frascati to Rome. Thanks again!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Rome

If you're staying in Frascati, buy the three-day BTR: it's the cheapest way to cover your trips to and from Rome and all your trips in central Rome.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 11:40
Reply to: Train to Rome
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frascati
More Frascati Topics