We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Munich!! Help :)

madrid
1 post
Save Topic
Train to Munich!! Help :)

i've been looking through the OBB page but I still get confused

i want to go from kufstein to munich (and then back to kufstein again)

i saw in the page that the price is around 20€, right?

if I get the vortail card would I get a discount?? (i'm thinking that i'll probably get it since i'll be in austria for some months and i'm <26 so it's pretty cheap)

and if i go and come back in the same day, do i have to pay a total of 40€, or is it just 20€???

Thank you so much!!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Munich!! Help :)

>i've been looking through the OBB page but I still get confused

If you want to go from Kufstein to Muncih you are at the wrong site. German rail website is

www.bahn.de

>i want to go from kufstein to munich (and then back to kufstein again)

i saw in the page that the price is around 20€, right?

If you mean the Bayern Ticket single, yes. You are restricted to regional trains (RE, RB, S, city transportation) and can only use it after 9 in the morning on weekdays (on weekends it is valid fro the whole day)

>if I get the vortail card would I get a discount?? (i'm thinking that i'll probably get it since i'll be in austria for some months and i'm <26 so it's pretty cheap)

No, you won't since Vorteilscard is an Austrian Rail discount card and you are travelling entirely in Germany.

>and if i go and come back in the same day, do i have to pay a total of 40€, or is it just 20€???

If what you mean is the Bayern Ticket, then it is a day card for all local transportation in Bavaria including city transport in Munich. So it is still 20 €.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Munich!! Help :)

The Vorteilscard would be recommendable if you traveled in Austria. Outside of Austria you only get 25% off the regular price if the ride is part of an international journey commencing or ending in Austria. Kufstein is the border station between Austria and Germany, hence it would be better to book with Deutsche Bahn instead ÖBB. This might be cheaper as eventually cheaper national or local fares are applicable.

leicester,uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Munich!! Help :)

Now lets get you sorted out ,travelling in austria namely the tirol region log onto

www.vt.at this is the local regional transport website for the tirol .Like one of the other replies posted by another trip advisor on your problem you can get the bayern regio lander[regional ticket] all german states offer this by the way.But so does the tirol region they do a weekly travel ticket for the whole of the tirol region from st anton am alberg in the west to kufstein/worgl/st johann in tirol its valid on all train services/post bus/local urban transport ie innsbruck area trams etc within city environs costs 53 euros for a week/185 euros for a month.

This ticket can also be broke down into various local regions within the tirol lander but you can get across to italy namely the south tirol region by train via the san candido corrider linking the east tirol/carinthia states also.Switzerland is accessable around certain border areas by local post bus from the tirol region & some parts of bavaria along the austrian border region hope this answers your query.

4. Re: Train to Munich!! Help :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 07:33
Get answers to your questions about Kufstein
Recent Conversations
More Kufstein Topics