We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calais to Spa Francorchams (Belgian GP) 2012.

King Lynn
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Calais to Spa Francorchams (Belgian GP) 2012.

Hi . I'm familier with the convenience of uncrowded French autoroutes with nice picnic/toilet stops at regular intervals . Just wondering what Belgian 'autoroutes' are like . I think they are 'free' but are they crowded and do they have have poor services(lack of) like UK mororways ? . What route would you choose , Calais - Spa ? .

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calais to Spa Francorchams (Belgian GP) 2012.

Hi

Basics

- Belgian motorways are free;

- Belgium is a small relatively crowded country and the motorways are busy, similar to the South of England;

- There are service stations, at about the same interval as on UK motorways, every 30 - 40 miles or often closer;

Routes:

It will depend on how long you have to make the journey. If you want to go the most direct "quickest" route it will be via motorways

Have a look at Google Directions.

It will give you a route using the E40 around Brussels or a route using the E42 around Lille.

Both are major cities and will depend on what time of the day that you hit their ring roads, very much like the M25. Hit it at the right time and you will fly round, hit it at rush hour and you could sit for an hour.

Personally I would go the E40 route. There are plenty of towns to stop off at that are close to the motorway.

King Lynn
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calais to Spa Francorchams (Belgian GP) 2012.

Thanks . Yet to 'fly' round the M25 but I get you what you are saying .RR .

King Lynn
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calais to Spa Francorchams (Belgian GP) 2012.

Hi . Can anyone recommend a route through the Ardennes traveling from Sedan in a northerly (?)direction . It looks good on a map but is it scenic ? .RR.

4. Re: Calais to Spa Francorchams (Belgian GP) 2012.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:20