We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viborg and Buses

MN
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Viborg and Buses

Hello,

We will be in Viborg for 2 months and are very excited. Can you help w/public transportation questions? We have my Sr. Citizen parents with us and want to make the transport as smooth as possible -- can you help w/the bus plans?

1) We arrive 1:25 pm Aug. 10 CPH

2) Take the Kobenhavn-Jylland-linie 888 leaves at 15:15 and arrive at 20:35 -- can we catch this from the airport. There is supposed to be a sign -- ARE THERE ANY CONCERNS HERE? iS IT RIGHT AT THE AIRPORT?

3) Then we have a question for when we travel to Kopparberg, Sweden from Viborg -- to do so we'd like to take the Xbus from VIborg ((7:41 12-Aug ) to Frederikshavn (Get there 11:28 am) then the ferry to Goteborg (maybe 14:30 leave) so we can catch the Swebus to Kopparberg there -- BUT the Swebus leaves only 2x to Kopparberg -- 7:45 or 12:45 -- so would need a taxi/hotel to catch the Swebus in the am (or take a later ferry - and wander the nights of Goteborg? :)

Sorry, it is a bit confusing -- help?

We can not come up w/a time schedule that works smoothlyand have tried calling/researching/etc.

My parents are older and now so am I - haha - so I wanted to reduce the time between layovers, I guess it is a 2-day event to get to the Swebus?

2 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viborg and Buses

Bus 888 have some departures from Copenhagen Airport (terminal 2), but I wonder where you found your timings.

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viborg and Buses

Concerning Göteborg - Kopparberg, there are trains too.

The Swedish www.sj.se train site (use the "buy tickets" link) lists several departures on the 12th of August, such as 12:02, 14.02, 17:42 etc., with a travel time to Kopparberg of 3 1/2 - 5 hours.

Adult price however currently close to SEK 500,- ; if Swebus is cheap, the difference in price will maybe even cover a hotel stay.

Joen

Edited: 29 June 2012, 04:21
Reply to: Viborg and Buses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Viborg
More Viborg Topics