We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flaam Railway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flaam Railway

Are there any private tour operators who go to this particular attraction please? Our ship arrives early morning and departs early evening but we would like to get the best out of it.

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,827 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flaam Railway

Not sure what you mean. The train runs from the very dock up the mountain and return. Lower station at fjord:

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto63860.jpg

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto24538.jpg

Top station at Myrdal

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto50495.jpg

Line

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto70752.jpg

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto17314.jpg

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto70986.jpg

vossnow.net/Database/…5Cfoto12847.jpg

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,986 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flaam Railway

Sorry, no there are no local tour operators for this particular attraction. Your best option would be to join the cruise excursion. Which date exactly are we talking about please.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flaam Railway

Hi - Wednesday 26th June. We arrive morning and depart early evening.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,986 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flaam Railway

On your day there are two ships with a total of 4800 passengers - that is a lot.

aurlandhavn.no/en/cruise/skipsanlop-2013/

The trains are full during the day - that would be daytrippers from the ships. Unless you can do the 17:15 return, your only chance would be to book this excursion with your cruise.

https://www.flambooking.com/booking2.aspx

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flaam Railway

Woh! Yes, I had already decided after one of the replies to do the shore excursion with the ship. Oh my goodness the place is going to be crammed packed! Thanks. What is the other ship, do you happen to know. We are on the Oriana with P&O.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,986 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flaam Railway

Please take a look at the link I gave above with the calling list for Flåm in 2013. On June 26th Oriana is not mentioned - maybe there are three ships on that day ! Those on the list are MSC Poesia and Empress. It could very well be that the list is not 100% up to date though.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
120 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flaam Railway

Hi we will be with silversea June 30 2013 from 8am to 11:30am. I checked your link at 8am only our ship there for 386 people. Is any chance we can take the train ride ourselves instead of excursion? Can we book train ticket ahead?

Thanks.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,986 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flaam Railway

There are two ships in Flåm on June 30th. The other ship has 1800 passengers and will be the one at the dockside. Passengers from your ship will be tendered ashore. The railway keep 175 non-bookable seats, so it all depends. It helps to have a ticket, you could try RailEurope.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,986 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flaam Railway

You may be able to buy tickets here

acprail.com/attractions/…flam-railway

San Francisco
Level Contributor
120 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flaam Railway

Thanks Klimaflytning. I checked acprail.com they only sell ticket from Flam to Myrdal. I will call them to find out can I stop in the mid point such as Vatnahalsen and use the return ticket to go back to Flam for the ship leaving at 11:30.

Thanks very much for the information.