We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flam Gudvangen cruise.

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Flam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Flam Gudvangen cruise.

I'm visiting Flam next month and planning on going on the world heritage cruise. I am thinking it may be too much to do a return trip by boat, so I am going to get the bus one way. Which way tends to be busier boat trip, to or from Flam?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,621 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flam Gudvangen cruise.

It is very hard to say as it all depends on the day. There are really no distinct rules. My hunch would say late afternoon in either direction.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 16:31
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flam Gudvangen cruise.

Gudvangen-Flåm tends to be less busy than Flåm-Gudvangen. I guess most visitors travel to Oslo as a first port and then travel on from there.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,169 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flam Gudvangen cruise.

Check the number of cruise ships in Flåm (Aurlands Harbour) on your day - aurlandhavn.no/cruise-2/ship-arrivals-2014/. If there are many passengers (pax) in port I expect it will be busy and that the organisers will distribute the tourists between both directions. When booking do it by phone and ask them for advice.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 17:19
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flam Gudvangen cruise.

Thanks for such a quick reply. It has helped me make my mind up. Understandably I will be there at a busy time. Luckily our ship is the only one in that day July 11th. I have been waiting to visit Norway for some time, so want to get the best experience of your beautiful country that my budget and reduced mobility can manage. Thanks again!!

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Flam Gudvangen cruise.

Thanks so much for that link! I'm researching a first visit to Norway and couldn't be happier about being able to schedule around the boats.

6. Re: Flam Gudvangen cruise.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:17