We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Seoul, South Korea
2 posts
Save Topic
Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?

Hi, I'm staying one night in Flam and have to choose between boat tour to Gudvangen and Steigastein view point. Which one do you suggest?

FYI, I'll do fjaerland fjord tour next day from Balestrand. Thanks in advance!!!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,124 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?

Then I would do the viewpoint.

Oslo
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?
Visit Norway What's this?

Hello,

The Stegastein viewpoint is a popular sightseeingtrip from Flam. The busride travels via Aurland and follows the Aurland road, which is one of Norway's national touristroads.

Please follow or link for additional information on Stegastein Sightseeing tours: www.visitnorway.com/en/product/?pid=93913

Content provided by Visit Norway: www.visitnorway.com
Seoul, South Korea
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?

Thank you for your advice !!!!! I love to go to Stegastein view point!!! But my wife still cannot give up boat tour to Gudvangen...:D

One more question... according to my research, theoretically, it is possible doing both in one day before 15:40. Do you think the following route doable??? I am concerned that timeline between different points may be too tight.

- Flam to Gudvangen boat (9:00-11:25)

- Gudvangen to Aurland boat (11:45-13:45)

- Bus tour to Stegastein view point (14:00-15:30)

- Aurland to Balestrand boat (15:40-16:55).

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?

The timings are sure to be intended for these services to connect. Well done for finding this possibility.

5. Re: Steigastein view point or boat tour to Gudvangen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Flam