We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona Airport to Tossa de Mar with Thomas Cook

IRELAND
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Girona Airport to Tossa de Mar with Thomas Cook

Hello everyone

My husband, son and I are going to Tossa on the 12 July for 1 week. We are travelling with Thomas Cook and our flight arrives in Gerona at 02.25 am.

I am a very nervous traveler so can someone reassure me that the journey to Tossa from the airport is straightforward with Thomas Cook. I get quite worried arriving so late at night in a strange county.

What arev the roads like on this journey?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Fiona

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,978 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girona Airport to Tossa de Mar with Thomas Cook

The turn off for Lloret/Tossa is only one junction down the Autoroute from Girona airport-15 mins max and then, depending whether the coach is dropping people off in Lloret first it will take the Lloret road and then the Tossa coast road.

If going to Tossa direct it will go straight from the motorway junction onto the new San Feliu dual carraigeway before turning off to Tossa.

All the roads to Tossa are newly surfaced with not a pothole in sight and are to a very high standard.

However the roads to Tossa from Lloret and the back road from the San Feliu road have many bends as they drop down from the wooded hills to Tossa but are safe with Motorway style crash barriers on all bends.

Either way -should be max 1 hour (I do it in 40 mins by car)

Coaches do not speed on these roads and the roads will be empty at 4am and it will be dark,which is a shame because the views are great.

Just close your eyes on the bends and think of a glass of the black stuff (or what ever takes your fancy)

Enjoy

IRELAND
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girona Airport to Tossa de Mar with Thomas Cook

Hi Silverswimmer

Thanks so much for your very detailed and helpful post; it has reassured me considerably. I was just getting so worried about sheer cliff drops and going round bends etc..

Now, I can start looking forwards to my holiday...

Many, many thanks again

Fiona

3. Re: Girona Airport to Tossa de Mar with Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar