We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Barcelona airport to Tossa

newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
From Barcelona airport to Tossa

Wondering if anyone can advise on travelling to Tossa by public transport. As a family of four (two adults and two small children), plus luggage for a week would we struggle on the train and bus?

Any idesa on approx cost of a Taxi.

Travelling in June.

Thanks for any advice.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

Personally, the thought of the bus,train,then bus to Tossa with 2 sprogs would be a nightmare.

For a taxi quote email

taxitossa@gmail.com.

or

PM "SSamie"

for a private quote.

SS

Edited: 29 March 2010, 17:20
MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

you don't need the bus from the airport you can get the train, there's a station in the airport. we have done several of the resorts along that line and flown to BCN and never used the bus.

train to blanes, takes about an hour and a bit and costs 5 euros ish per person, nice ride along the coast, one change between airport and blanes and then sit back and relax.

bus from blanes to tossa not sure how much this is but it's not far so won't cost the earth.

I don't have children but if i did i certainly wouldn't want to do business with someone who referred to them as sprogs.

You could get off the train at blanes and then get a taxi to your accommodation in tossa, not sure of the price but then you wouldnt have the hassle of finding your accommodation from bus stop or bus station.

not sure how old your little ones are or what the age for charging is on trains in spain but if its 5euros for adults its not going to be much for kids

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

IT

Sorry if you take offence at the word sprog.

It is actually a term of endearment in the West Midlands.

I have had sprogs and they grew up and presented me with grandsprogs.

Back to travel - two trains to Blanes, change to a bus to Lloret and change again for the Tossa bus.

Although traveling time is about two hours it will be over three hours,depending on connection times, before arriving in Tossa.

Depending on your hotel it then may be another 750m walk.

Door to door with car/taxi would be 1 hour 40mins.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

definitely not a term of endearment in this part of the country silverswimmer!!

i thought it sounded a bit odd. oh well you live and learn

London
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

I am doing the same journey in June, and have booked a coach transfer with www.lowcosttaxis.com. After the booking was confirmed it then was made clear that it was booked with Resort Hoppa. After doing some internet research I have found lots of disappointed Resort Hoppa customers, and so am now very worried about what will happen to us! It should have been made clear that www.lowcosttaxis.com uses Resort Hoppa...

Just wondering if any one has done the Barcelona to Tossa de Mar journey by Resort Hoppa coach transfer? Or if anyone could recommend a more reliable alternative?

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

when my dad n brother went to benidorm they used shuttledirect and they were great, not sure if they operate everywhere tho

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

Can you buy one ticket for all the travel like it used to be to LLdM?

THe bus Blanes/renfe to Tossa dM is direct in the summer , isn't it ?

I mean you do not get off in LLdm ?

as it reads at www.transPujol.com

TiA

A

Edited: 30 March 2010, 15:46
Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

Emma

There have been some bad reports on these transfers and as Tossa is likely to be the last stop you may be stopping at every resort from Mataro northwards.

However you may be lucky & have a few stops but be aware that the bus cannot get to many of the hotels in Tossa (traffic restrictions) so you may have a long walk/taxi.

Let me know your hotel and I can advise accordingly.

I used to use Barcelona airport but as it is nearly 2 hours from Tossa I now use Girona (35 mins away) and grin and bare Ryanair.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

May I ask how your transfer went? 4 of us are going shortly and we booked everything at Going Places (Thomas Cook). We had been to Oasis Tossa Hotel before, my husband did it on the internet, it was all Thomas Cook and airport was Girona. They don't go there now so it has to be Jet2 Lds/Bfd to Barcelona with ' shuttle transfer'. I'm a bit concerned now after reading the negative comments about this method, as we are taking my son and his girlfriend. All was perfect last time. Any feedback appreciated thanks.

newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Barcelona airport to Tossa

Thanks everyone for responses. We have put off our trip until August and therefore can't update on how it went. We have flights booked but no accommodation and thought that Tossa seemed to have the most to offer of all the resorts along the coast. Thinking about Golden Bahia hotel. Still pouring over this website and others to help make a decision.

Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar
Recent Conversations