We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

HAs anyone used them, or does anyone know what type of company/vehicle they use? Taking the plunge on a transfer rather than a rental car, and just don't want there to be any problems. We have 5 kids with us and I don't really fancy delays, or driving around the world..its only 40km and its advising 1hr and 8 mins transfer time.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,828 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

Loads of reports,some negative some positive, see them by inputting "ResortHoppa" in the spyglass search feature above.Also do the same with "HotelHoppa"

cheers

SS

Edited: 20 April 2012, 07:41
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

We used RH to get to Tossa. It was a full sized coach - and it it didn´t leave until it was full so we had quite a long wait for people arriving on later flights - and it dropped off at many resorts before Tossa so we were last on the coach.

We have used Travel Republic for transfers on our last 2 trips - despite paying the basic shared shuttle price both times we have had a private taxi so no sharing and no dropping off en route.

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

hi, Campolady, was this High Season? Or what time of year was it?Thanks a million. Still agonizing over this. Hubby wants hire car but prices are rising and I would book shuttle only I can't stand the thought of hanging endlessly about.

How long were you waiting around for the coach to fill, would you say?

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

Also, with Travel Republic, was it the same times of year? Or a quieter time? Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

oh sorry last question; ws that from Barcelona or Girona (Gerona) airport? I rang RH today and they said that Tossa is final drop off from Barca, and first from Gerona, but she couldn't confirm what size coach it was.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

I have used them twice for Tossa, both times have been fine and we were the first hotel drop off (San Eloy).

sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

Hello, We used Travelrepublic to book the transfer, it was on a coach, we did have to wait for other pasengers. When we boareded the coach we were given details of deatils of our tranfer back, it interesting to note that Resorthoppa, Travelrepublic, and Hoteltaxi.com all use the same coach company, and yet the prices are all different???

Achill Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

Hi I've used them to get to Tossa - truly awful. Last off, first on - average time 2hr 45mins transfer from/to Barcelona airport. They lost my booking and their marketing is rather interesting - doesn't match the service on the ground. Use the public bus from airport to Barcelona then the public bus to Tossa - only one stop at the bus station in Lloret.

Achill Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

Arrived at airport 5pm - left airport 630pm got to Tossa 9pm. Terrible service - keep away from them.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ResortHoppa for Tossa?Anyone used?

I have used them twice for Tossa and both times we had no problems. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the coach to leave and it wasn't full both times

I am going again in 4 weeks and have booked it for then too

Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar
Recent Conversations