We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Hi,

I have trawled though this forum and can't seem to find the advice I need so I am going to list my questions and hope that I can get some help from you lovely people. We are a young and lively couple in our 30s that loves having fun.

1. We fly into Barcelona and plan to use resorthoppa as a transfer to Tossa. They are quoting 90 minutes transfer time. Does this seem true?

2. We are torn between staying at the Golden Bahia or the Delphin. Does anyone have any advice on what is best. If you have a different suggestion then that would be very welcome.

3. We won't be driving so what are the options for us to have a day trip to France? If the tour companies don't do such a trip, then any other day trips you would recommend? we like alternate days of relaxing and sightseeing.

4. Does anyone know (a website or link would be great if possible) of places to get a massage in Tossa?

5. We are there during the beginning of the world cup. Will there be plenty of places showing the matches in town or will we have to go to Lloret?

6. Has anyone done the Dolphin Experience at Marineland and if so, is it worth it?

7. We don't nightclubs but there will there be bars with some music open until 2ish in Tossa?

If you can't answer all of my questions then anything would be helpful. It's our first time in Tossa and we are very excited and would so appreciate your help :-)

Thank you

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

When are you going" My daughter and hubby are in Toss now staing in Hotel Toss and spa. She rang me today, it has rained all morning and is very quiet, nothing much to do to spend a week thete. There are no nightclubs as such... May is early season thpugh...good luck.

They flew in to Gerona which is nearest airport, it took them 40mins. Barcelona is a lot further, so i woyld say 90 mins is right...

Lloret is more livelier....

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

We used ResortHoppa from Barcelona Airport to Tossa and, despite their stated 90 minutes, it took over 2 hours with many drop offs en route!

Edited: 14 May 2014, 07:18
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,551 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Loads of info in Top Questions and the top toolbar,a small fishing smack is all that is needed,not a deep sea trawler.!

1.90 mins is about right.

2.Golden Bahia is a bit out of town but has great facilities/pool etc. Delphin is down near the beach but can be noisier and pool is poor, however both are good hotels. Loads of reviews/photos in toptoolbar

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g230087-Tossa_de_Mar_…

3. No day trips to France but lots of others

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g230087-i1270-k375…

4 I think Bahia may have one and I have seen others around town try contacting here:-

http://www.infotossa.com/indexeng.php

5All the bars/hotels will have widescreen TV's for WC

6.?

7.There will be a few late bars but TG Tossa is not Lloret

This forum ,Top Questions,and the top toolbar are full of info but if your fishing is not successful please do post again

(-:

Ss

Florida
Level Contributor
788 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

5. Mick and Julie's Café Bar on Carrer La Guardia..........owned by a couple from the UK. Lots of reviews on the Tossa restaurant forum about the place. My husband and I watched some BPL games and had some cold beer there, worth the visit. Enjoy Tossa.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

About 90 min transfer as long as not a shared one longer if more drop offs like 120 mins,golden bahia better hotel,stayed at both,facilities better there its only 10 min max walk to front any way,i paid for my daughter to do dophin expierence few years ago,she enjoyed it,but honestly i didn't think it was worth it,no trips to France,but if you got a taxi or bus to Blanes you can get the train there,bit much for a day tho i would of thought,loads if other trips see tool bar at top of forum,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Most bars will have footy,cant help with massage try googling it,or ask at your hotel,bars stay open late but it is not lloret,if you want more suggest you get bus one evening into llotet and get a taxi back make sure you get a price before getting in taxi tho.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 15:24
St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

I know most probable it's to late but for those who like Night life and hotel entertainment Lloret De Mar is the beasies. Asls Lloret is well served to visit other places with its centrally bus station . For those who like a quite nights then all other places like Tossa Del Mar ,Blanes still nice but are much quitter .. I been few times and always stayed in Llret from were I visited many nice bays and villages and also Girona and Barcelona

Edited: 26 May 2014, 21:06
London
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Not too late at all. Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I look forward to my holiday in 3 weeks :-)

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Nena morena if you like a quitter place in lloret choose a hotel between Lloret and the Fenals while still be in walking distance to Lloret centre and bus station

Clonmel, Ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not having much luck with this forum. Please help!

Just got back from Lloret on sat we used resort hoppa from Barcelona airport it took about 2hrs to get to Lloret after taking over hour to get through the airport and then waiting to get on bus on the return it only took 1hr30 to get to airport as they were only 6 on bus you could add another 30 min for tossa it does not matter who you book with as they all use the same bus .As for staying in Tossa its a lovely place but it might be a bit quiet for a young couple Lloret has more night life. We stayed in fennels whitch is only 15 min walk into centre of town Hope you have better weather as it was poor for the week were there