We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Hi all,

I am just doing some early research for next year and come across Tossa de Mar. I was just wondering if anybody can help me out with my decision, and is this destination for me?

I will probably be visiting first week in September. Is the weather usually still warm then and is there often much rain? I dont want it too hot but i do like the occasional sunbathe and to wear shorts and vest top!

I also like to get out and about on public transport to see local towns and attractions. I am not one for staying in resort. Is this possible in Tossa de Mar? I have seen you can get to Barcelona but i was wondering if there are any other places more local within easy reach too? Also, are there things to do in Tossa de Mar for when we dont feel like venturing too far? We are a couple in our 30s and like a stroll around.

Lastly for now, we dont like alot of nighlife, but may i presume there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area to keep us entertained in the evening?

Places i have been before include Cyprus, Malta, Rhodes, Zante, Turkey if this is any indication of myself.

Thank you all in advance for any help and advice.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Weather in early September is generally warm and sunny with sea temperatures at their highest.

Lloret,with its bus connections to Girona, and also down the cost to Barcelona,is an easy 20 min bus ride away.

Tossa is blessed with many restaurants and bars but TG no big nightlife-that is in Lloret .There are some great walks,and people watching to do and this official town hall site is useful

http://www.infotossa.com/indexeng.php

If you have not done so already have a read through the top toolbar links-Hotels/Restaurants/TTD and Top Questions as there is so much useful info there...

and

if you like a good variety of food at sensible prices do not chose a half board option-eat out.

SS

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Thanks silverswimmer. I'll be sure to have a good look around and do some research. I'm definitely not after clubs and late nights!!

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Yes Tossa is for you.

We were there in late June, we stayed at the Oasis Hotel which is handy for the town, bus station and beach, it has a good size swimming pool and it has low key entertainment at night.

Tossa is a great town, lots of small shops in pedestrianised streets, plenty of places to eat and drink.

Take the green land train up to the lighthouse, the driver is from England, friendly guy who will tell you about things to do in Tossa.

There are boat trips from Tossa, we went on the one going north , also we went by boat one way to Blanes, returning by bus.

It is easy to get to Girona, just go on the local bus to Lloret and change on to the regular service to Girona, the Old Town in Girona is a must.

We went to Barcelona by going to Blanes Train Station on the through bus from Tossa then on the train from Blanes to Barcelona, watch your return time as the Blanes Station to Tossa bus doesn't run that late, Sarfa also run a bus that leaves Tossa at 10.40 & 11.40 to Barcelona North Bus Station, coaches return from the North Bus Station at 5.10pm, 7.10pm & 9.10pm, just over 1hour 30min journey time.

Hope the above helps you to decide to go to Tossa, have a great holiday

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Wow thanks kev. That's just the kind of information I was looking for thank you.

Also been looking at Kos now, so will have to have a good think!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Unfortunately the Tossa little tourist train doesn't run to Kos

(-:

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Ha ha silver that would be an expensive ticket!!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Me again!

So far I am swaying towards booking Grand Bahia for 1st September.

From what I've mentioned, does anybody recommend this place for me?

Thanks as always

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Meant Golden not Grand :)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Hi. The first week in sept is when we like to holiday in tossa and it's a good time to go. Hot and the sea is warm. A walk up the castle is a must and you will do it more than once, just something about it! We sat at the cafe/bar at the top with a jug of sangria and watched the world go by. Brilliant. Coastal walks are great and taking the dogs for a walk from the dog sanctuary in the hills is just, great. Something I wouldn't normally do, not a dog person, but just loved it. The night life is a bit quiet but the horta rosell as a nice garden with live music. Anyway make your holiday your own. Enjoy.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Tossa de Mar For Me?

Thanks a4 I'm looking forward to it already