We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
989 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport

Hi!

So close to booking now...

I have had a good look around and am I correct in thinking that from Tossa you can get directly to Lloret and Blanes on the bus, if so how frequent are these buses please? For everywhere else you need to change at either of these places?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,712 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport

Half hourly with Pujol

www.transpujol.com/documents/en/00/busli.html

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
989 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport

Thanks for the info. I don't think it will open a timetable up though :(

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport

You buy your tickets from the little office in the bus station first. Buy a return ticket. The buses do fill up.

At the furthest end of Lloret (from Tossa) is the Fenals area which has a quieter beach and a number of nice eating places.

Blanes is largely overlooked by British tourists. It is a sprawling town which is easy to walk around.

It has a big Monday market by the sea front (as always with markets, watch out for pickpockets) and you get the bus back from across the road where everyone gets off.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
989 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport

Hi and thank you.

Can I get a bus direct to Blanes from Tossa if you don't mind me asking?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,712 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport

Most change at Lloret,although there a few a day direct. The Bus Station people are very,very helpful.

SS

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
989 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Transport

Thank you I appreciate all your help and sorry for so many questions! I'm sure they'll be more!!

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Transport

Hi

The buses to Lloret are every half hour most of the day, but after lunch til tea time they do reduce to hourly.

To go to Blanes town you need to change at Lloret they are every 20 minutes Lloret to Blanes.

To go to Blanes Station you do not have to change, the buses at quarter to the hour are through buses Tossa to Blanes Station, but take a tip, do not book a return ticket, we did and on the way back the driver made us pay again Blanes Station to Lloret even though we knew we had paid the correct fare, it is very difficult to argue when your Spanish is limited.

A nice way for a trip to Blanes is to go by boat and return by bus, the best boat leaves Tossa at 10.25am.

Have a great holiday

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
989 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public Transport

Thanks Kev that's great news. I've booked last night for next year already ;)

It caught my eye and I've never been before so thought I would book it!!

9. Re: Public Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar
Recent Conversations