We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

I can't decide whether to stay at Riu Gan Canaria, Lopesan Costa Meloneras or Vila del Conde.

As far as costs Riu appears to be best value but the reviews are a bit hit and miss.

The other two look very nice but we are not really into spa treatments etc so don't know if we will benefit.

I'm not too sure about the location of the three either? We don't want to be located in a 'blackpool' type area.

many thanks in advance for your assistance

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

as far as we were concerned, the location was the best asset of our holiday, we stayed at the Riu Gran Canaria 22nd Nov til 29th Nov. We hated the hotel, we have left a review so I will leave it there. It certainly was not a Blackpool type resort, so please don't be put off on that score, so take a look at your other options

surrey
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

Hi junglejess,

Riu Palace is next door to Club Riu Gran Canaria and in a very enviable position in Meloneres. Although I have never stayed there, I HAVE stayed at Riu Club Gran Canaria and would never return as we found it far too noisy and overcrowded, especially around the pool area.

I think I am right in saying, all four of these hotels are in very close proximity and I agree with golferjeff, nothing like Blackpool whatsoever.

Edited: 30 December 2010, 17:46
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

thanks for your much appreciated feedback.. I will probably end up at Lopesan Costa Melonaras.

We are hoping to go in early March. Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. We just want a week of relaxation.

middlesex
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

The Costa Meloneras is a beautiful hotel and it's in a fab position. Meloneras is very upmarket with great restaurants and very expensive shops.

We love the Villa del Conde out of the 2 Lopesan hotels - it's the furthest away of the 3 hotels you mention but closer to the smaller Meloneras beach and restaurants in the other direction.

However, we have just booked the new Lopesan Baobab for June 2011.It's directly opposite the Costa Melonersa, they were building it when we were last there. We have a friend staying there at the moment and he says it's amazing.

Personally, we wouldn't stay at the Rui (would try the Rui Gran Palace tho), it's not in the same class as the Lopesan's.

5. Re: Riu Gran Canaria, Lopespan Costa Meloneras or Villa Del Cond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 05:22