We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu clubhotel gran canaria

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
riu clubhotel gran canaria

Thinking of booking a week to this hotel on the 29th of July, but concerned with refurb going on, have emailed hotel but have had no reply,

Can anyone help me on this, going away with hubby without the kids (1st time in 25 years!)

Also rooms are really important to me, does anyone know if they'll being updated. Many Thanks.Debbie.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu clubhotel gran canaria

Going away without your kids after 25 years, at the beginning of the school holidays, to a hotel that caters mainly for families so there will be lots of other people's kids. Are you sure???? ;o) We have been there in August and, although it is a lovely hotel, there is NO getting away from the noise. I think I would look for a hotel that is not a club hotel as these do seem to cater more for families. Not a good sign either that you have not received a reply to your e mail from hotel.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 19:27
London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu clubhotel gran canaria

Thank you for your reply on the riu Club Gran Canaria, going to look for a more peaceful holiday.

I have to take my hols in the school holiday has i work in a primary school, so i'm goilng to consider a couples only hotel. Many Thanks.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu clubhotel gran canaria

Riu's own website doesn't show any availability until around 22nd July, which makes me think that's roughly when they expect to reopen. Obviously there are no guarantees that all the work would be finished by that time anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if there's still some work going on when they re-open for the first few weeks - unless Riu have particularly efficient builders! Having had my holiday disturbed last year in another hotel in Meloneras by some restaurant refurbishment which led to noise and cranes, if it were me personally, given the choice, I would avoid booking any hotel that's having building works until I was 100% certain that all works were complete.

if you are particularly set on the Meloneras area, you could try the Lopesan Villa del Conde(next door to the Riu) or the Lopesan Costa Meloneras (other end of the prom). Neither are adult-only but not many children - most families booking with Lopesan head for the family-oriented Lopesan Baobab.

I hope you have a good time - wherever you go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu clubhotel gran canaria

Thank you for your reply have stayed in lopesan costa melonares and its a lovely hotel, going to look into lanzarote at a couples only holiday. Happy holidays to you. Debbie.

5. Re: riu clubhotel gran canaria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas