We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Would love to visit Puerto Mogan from Meloneras but not sure we are brave enough to use public transport. We often use taxis but understood it was quite expensive. We know where the bus station at Faro is but which bus do we take and how do we know where to get off, how long will it take or would a taxi be the best option?

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Hi Bonnie

Well done for thinking of trying out public transport. The buses are clean and modern, and you'll get more of a feel for the real island than sitting in the back of a taxi.

Most of the drivers speak english, even if not, other passengers will. If I remember rightly, you can't get return tickets, only singles.

If your driver doesn't speak English, which is highly unlikely, ask for "uno/dos/tres/quatro personas para Puerto Mogan por favor" - 1/2/3/4 people to PM please.

in terms of knowing when to get off, the drivers are used to having tourists on board so may call out when reaching key arrival points anyway. If not, ask "es posible decirnos cuando hay que bajarnos" - please can you tell us when to get off.

Here's the bus company website

http://www.globalsu.net/index_en.php

At the top of the page you can put in your start point (faro maspalomas) in the drop-down menu, and your end point (puerto mogan) - from looking at this, the only direct bus is on a saturday (which seems a bit odd, perhaps others will correct me) - the number 33, which according to their site is 3.40 euros per person each way. Even better - this bus terminates at Puerto Mogan so you can't miss your stop. Looks like the bus is every 30 mins from around 9am to 5pm.

I don't know exactly how long the journey will take but doubt it's longer than an hour. Mogan is very pretty and well worth a visit.

Happy travels!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Ok just looked at the timetable does this mean there are no buses to PM from Maspalomss. If I wanted to go tomorrow (Monday). Is there a way to travel on the bus.

England
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

We intend getting the bus from Faro Maspalomas to Puerto Rico and then the ferry to PM. IF you get the 1030 or 1230 it goes thru the dolphin zone. Will cost more but should be a good day out. People have said avoid friday as PM is heaving with the market.

There are a couple of threads on this subject

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Thanks - feeling lazy. Too much sun :). I won't ask what the Dolphin Zone is :D

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Ok DZ is what it is - where dolphins play - you can't have enough wild dolphins :)

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Thank you for your replies, I do like the sound of a bus/boat combination especially if there is a possibility of spotting dolphins. Hope the weather holds, 2 week to go.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Well I did get there and had a nice day out - knackering though

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

Real diver

Can you share a little more about your trip, we would like to give it a try but are still a little apprehensive, so anything you can share will be good.

Bonnie

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

I got a bus at about 9.30am from Faro (after wandering around trying to find it). I think the bus was number 39 wasn't labelled to Puerto Rico but I asked the driver having looked at the map. The bus got to PR just after 10 and a walk to the port and found the Linas Salmon boat at 10.30. We headed out to sea I guess this is the dolphin zone but there were no dolphins ( that's what happens with wild animals). There were loads to flying fish which were quite interesting.

Docked at PM and wandered around the harbour, I am a scuba diver and love looking at boats and water :)

Had a lovely ice cream €2.50 for a nice cone with rum and raisin ice cream. Later some lunch which was OK nothing to rave about. Then caught the 14.45 return ferry walked back to the bus station it was very hot and I don't really like the heat and caught the bus back - this was definitely number 39.

Bus fare was €2.75 each way and the ferry ticket was €10 return.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meloneras to Puerto Mogan

That's great thank you, definitely going to give it a go now

Bonnie

Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas