We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koala apts maspalomas

glasgow
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
koala apts maspalomas

Hi . My friend and I are off to koala 14 nov . (wee cheapie) Did anyone else get a good price for this and will be joining us around about this date. flying from Glasgow.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: koala apts maspalomas

We are off tomorrow, so be getting ready for home when you arrive.

We consider what we have paid a cheapee, so are going with very few expectations!

As long as weather is good i'll be happy (hopefully)

glasgow
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: koala apts maspalomas

have fun. yes same here going with open mind. as long as the weather is good. ☺

England
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: koala apts maspalomas

We passed it on one of our trips out. It's a bit out of the centre of things but I'm sure will be fine,

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: koala apts maspalomas

Expect to be using buses and or taxis ......since the closure of Faro 2 there is very little around Koala Gardens .I suppose there is the market up the road twice a week ( Wed & Sat 9am to 2 pm ) as you come out of the cul de sac to the main road turn right going uphill at the top ( Fire Station) turn left and cross over .

Bus to the beach daily ,but half the time its full before Koalas stop ! Entertainment ,food in Nov is geared to those from places like Germany ,Poland ,Finland etc .........not that i wanted to but could have played bingo even if i did !

Only 2 places left to eat in Faro 2 ,unless those have gone in the past few weeks .

Nice enough place ,but just nothing to do ...so its transport to and from everything .Taxis .....there lies another problem ,unless someone just happens to be coming back in one very few are up that way .The receptionist ( hopefully gone ) we asked to call us a taxi ,but she said we would have to go to the rank YET the following day she was phoning taxis for those from other countries .....we suffered it for 2 days then paid to be moved .Well worth every cent ......This was Nov ,it was 19 degrees and over cast ,as we headed south to Puerto Rico the temp rose through each resort till in PR we had the rest of our stay in the mid to top 20s .Of course no one can say what the weather will be .Hopefully the weather for you will be fantastic ,and it may seem like a nicer place to be

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: koala apts maspalomas

Just returned from Kaola Gardens and have to say we had no problems at all with getting a taxi. Almost every time we came out of the gate past the taxi rank there were at least 2 taxis waiting for fares.

Average temperature for the week was around 25 degrees, one overcast day, few spits of rain but nothing to worry about.

Yes the Koala Gardens are slightly out the way, but at least it's quiet ( apart from noisy neighbors clip clopping around at 1am). Although the resort was full it never seemed that busy, only had to play the sunbed game to get a bed with a moveable back ( only 6 around our pool), other than that could get a bed anytime of the day.

Cheap and cheerful, report going on hotel pages soon.

England
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: koala apts maspalomas

Glad you enjoyed it.

Apart from the forthcoming hotel report, could you possibly do a travelogue of what you got up to whilst in GC. I'm interested, because of it's out of the wayness.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: koala apts maspalomas

We went for a weeks relaxation and some sun, so didnt really do much. We did a couple of 'free' trips as described on hotel review and went to Yumbo centre but that was about it. we were going to do a couple of TC trips but found the prices a real rip off. You can get the bus down to Puerto Rico for around 3 euros so if wanting a boat trip that is an option. The bus goes from Holiday World (so we were told) which about a 10 min walk away.

On a previous trip we hired a car and then went all over the island and took in Palmitos Park and Sioux City and it didnt cost much more than 1 day trip would have done through the tour operator.

If you do read my hotel review, please dont be put off the hotel. This was just my view and as i said i would return if the price was right.

England
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: koala apts maspalomas

Thanks Pandaco

What is a "TC" trip

England
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: koala apts maspalomas

Read your hotel review.

sounds like you got the run around to a certain extent.

do you think the brits were discriminated against?

What's the Anfi trip/?Some sort of time share promotion.

We thought about going on the PAL blanket trip but as we only had a week, didn't want to waste time refusing to buy a merino wool do dah.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: koala apts maspalomas

Well it sounds just the same from reading your review ..... just the same attitude from the receptionist ,maybe the same one OR trained up by her !!!

TC Trip ....could that be a Thomas Cook trip ?

Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas