We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

radio stations

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
radio stations

Hi can anyone tell me if there are any English radio stations in gram canaria, also will a dab radio be worth taking?

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: radio stations

look like there are english speaking stations to pick up, plenty of google results

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=english+radio+gran+canaria

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,102 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: radio stations

I posted on this subject years ago, don't know how many of the "Then" stations still broadcast. You can also pick up some stations in English from across in Tenerife, a favourite of ours a few years ago was "Pirate F.M." they played classic British rock tracks all day. Reception on F.M.in general is good but very temperimental. location of your accommodation, where you place your radio set and dial selection are crucial for best reception. Just moving your radio a little bit can make all the difference, patience is very much called for but it will produce great results.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: radio stations

i couldn't get any at Christmas. They come and go here too so maybe you will be lucky but I haven-t heard one for some years now. Not fluent in German by any chance. No problem then.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: radio stations

Have to agree with Manzana apart from the odd crackle of english from Tenerife at Amadores beach car park very little else we get mostly Dutch with occasional German and Norweigan in Puerto Rico so we usually just stream via laptop

5. Re: radio stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas