We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electric fans

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
electric fans

We're staying in Maspalomas in August and I understand our accommodation doesn't have air conditioning. Is there anywhere in that area that we could rent or buy an electric fan if the hotel doesn't have any to hire.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: electric fans

Hi gail I have not seen any shops when I was out there selling fans, you could take a small travel fan in your hand luggage.

You don't really need a fan unless your in your room all day.

Was out there a few days a go and did not need fan it was 38c then.

Hottest is in september.

Im sure though the airline would let you carry a fan in its box.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: electric fans

No aircon and no fan? mhhhhh

Sure you can buy fans at GC. Go to a big super market, e.g. Carrefour. You may need a car. I still doubt you need it or at leats I hope so.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: electric fans

Summertime most local supermarkets will have fans for sale,( if needed,) also usually available year round from most local electrical stores. You may land lucky and find someone has left one behind, e-mail or phone the hotel to check as they may be on a first come basis and then you know where you stand and possibly you could reserve one for when you arrive. We stay in PR (with no air con) and only occasionally use a fan but we are lucky being quite high up and usually have a breeze but know many people find the heat quite oppresive in high summer,Spar and Hiperdino had fans last Summer (aug/Sep) at around 10-15euro

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: electric fans

You will certainly find fans in San Fernando. I am amazed that the accommodation doesn't at least have fans. Air conditioning would be a minimum requirement for me then. If the Calima is blowing from the Sahara, and you'd be lucky to escape that in a two week holiday, the temperature can reach 50. I would check with your accommodation and see what they have and if they have nothing you may have bought yourself a very expensive cheap holiday. So many do, it still amazes me.

5. Re: electric fans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16