We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Liverpool
Level Contributor
139 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

Hi

We are staying at the Seabank resort from 2nd November for a week, and would like to see some of the sights in Malta. Could anyone recommend any reputable excursion company's that I can book with before we travel? We would like to see mdina, Valletta and possibly get the ferry to Gozo as well. We will also be going to Valletta on the bus ourselves but would like a guided tour there as well.

Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,791 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

I genuinely think all of those sites can be done under your own steam especially with some research on Valletta.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

There are various guided coach tours/excursions available - KopTaCo, Zarb and Supreme are all established firms;

http://koptaco.com/tourslist.aspx

www.zarbcoaches.com/EN.zarb_coaches.aspx

http://www.hellomaltatours.com/

Oasis tours run minibus tours and have various offices around the islands. We enjoyed a tour with them years ago, though they do get mixed reviews. They are 'cheap and cheerful' but there can be niggles.

The open top hop on hop off buses are an option, with audio headphone guide (if it's working).

There are several private guides like 'joan' and cab firms that do exclusive tours if you search.

As mentioned, you can also do under your own steam....

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

We just got back from Malta and had limited time and wanted to see as much of the country I could, my husband is not a person to sit at the beach. After some research I found Kurt Mallia who is a local young man who does tours to where ever you would like to go. He was wonderful, so proud of his country, very knowledgable and gave great insight. Very reasonable. Can even pick you up at the airport. Highly recommend.

I thought about the hop on hop off, but I saw lots of people standing around at bus stops waiting for the bus, plus no one looked very happy!

I decided to go with Kurt and glad I did. We went to all different places many that only a local would know about. He also works for white Taxi so he is able to pick you up at the airport also.

His email is kurtvsk95@gmail.

you can also look at day tours in Malta on Facebook

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

I am interested in hiring Kurt. We are a party of 9 and will be in Valletta on Nov. 11. The ship docks at 12PM-11PM, so we are thinking of a half day tour. Can you tell me where are the places you visited? We want to see the historical sites first in Valletta....St, John's Cathedral, National Museum of Fine Arts, etc, then go outside of Valletta and visit Palazzo Falson, St. Paul Cathedral in Mdina, etc. Will Kurt be able to accommodate us?

Reply to: Excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha