We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquaventure diving centre

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
8 posts
Save Topic
Aquaventure diving centre

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has used this diving centre and if so what did they think of it.

I will confirming with them shortly, though just wanted some feedback beforehand please.

Thank you

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

Last time I saw them they were a PADI 5* Palm Resort. Based at the Mellieha Bay Hotel it was run predominantly by British Instructors.

A dive centre doesn't achieve that PADI status without being good at what they do.

If you are staying at Mellieha Bay Hotel this is ideal however if you are staying in Mellieha itself there are some other, more practical, centres in the town itself.

Enjoy

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

I've dived with them several times and gained my AOW and early certification there.

They are an excellent dive centre. It's well run by two english guys, Ian and Paul, and they cater for other languages with instructors from other european countries, including Malta itself, available.

Paul has been on the island over 12 years and has set up/run other leading dive centres on Malta.

They have a good set up near the water at the Melliah Bay Hotel where there are several pools and facilities like hot showers and cafe bars/lounges to spend any surface intevals.

Whilst you can dive near the centre, they dive all around the islands travelling by speed boat or minibus. They are well situated for diving at Cirkewwa.

Besides Paul I've dived with two of their female instructors who are really great - very supportive and provide a safe yet challenging dive every time.

The centre has some of the most competive rates on the island which include pick up at other hotels but above all their customer service is excellent. I highly recommend them.

Hope that helps - Tony

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

I forgot to mention - apart from their main centre they also have a place at the Luna Holiday complex nearer Mellieha village that is open during the main season should that be any easier for you.

They provide other watersports such as windsurfing and dingly sailing too, along with more adventerous activites through Oh Yeah!

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

ive seen these on gozo many times, cant comment about them sorry

Italy
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

thanks tony and scubapro. That is great help. I will be staying at the Luna Complex. Just wanted to be sure as there are so many dodgy people out there.

Thanks again.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

I actually don't know of any dodgy dive operations in Malta it is very well regulated.

On the other hand there are some that I wouldn't dive with or recommend but that is almost all political and history over the years. Aquaventure doesn't fall into this catagory. They're nice guys.

If you're suitably qualified one of the dives I know they like to do is the Imperial Eagle and statue of Christ(42 mtrs) a boat dive off of Qawra Point.

I would say they will also offer Santa Marija Caves at Comino a very simple dive that has a big finale. Take a camera and some bread !!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

If you are staying at the Luna you may get a speed boat ride accross the bay each morning, which will be good fun - much quicker than going by road! Otherwise they may pick you up in a minibus - some of their instructors live in Mellieha and Paul lives nearer to Valetta so they can pick you up on the way - no problem. They can also gear up at the Luna and go direct from there.

They are well organised, professional and run the centre well - they will explain everything

have great time - I'm sure you will. not sure if you have dived in Malta before but there is great diving available on the island, and good instruction if required.

Give my regards to Paul, Ian and Lindsay when you get there.....

Tony

8. Re: Aquaventure diving centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations