We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Hi all

I am planning to visit Malta in October (dates not definites yet but probably some time in the second week of October, and coming for probably a fortnight).

I think I would like to be based in Mellieha and do some trips around the island, to Valletta, Gozo, Comino, Mdina etc, from there.

I am on a very tight budget so am trying to find out if it is cheaper to rent a small apartment/studio with self-catering facilities, or a hotel with B&B or half board, and eat out.

Can people please advise?

(Any other advice also very welcome - I am busy researching Malta online at the moment but previously knew absolutely nothing about it, and have chosen it as a holiday destination on a whim as am hoping the weather will be good enough for me to chill on a beach, swim, read books, and wander the islands taking photos of scenery and culture and history.)

Thank you!

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Hi Kirsty....

Maybe check out people like Mercury Direct, they are actually the UK subsidery of Sunspot a Maltese company, but anyway, doing some really good deals on hotels/flights in October..

I got a FAB deal from them a few days back for 28 nights All Inclusive in Melliah for £26.00 per night, including flights with Air Malta from Heathrow, can't be bad. !

Regards

Dave

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

You will certainly be best staying in a hotel proberbly half board. It is the better value as the main two meals per day are covered.

Also if you are on your own it will be a better way of meeting people and getting advice during your stay.

As previously stated try Mercury Direct who usually do some good deals in Malta.

Gozo is easily reached from Mellieha , the ferry only being 10 minutes away.

Hope you have a good time.

Graham

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Sounds great Dave, although at the moment they're costing more than double that!! I nearly always travel independently though, booking my own flights and accommodation myself, but will bear them in mind to check again in a few weeks. Kx

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Thanks Graham. Kx

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Once you're on your own I too would suggest a hotel. I also suggest you have a look at the Top Questions here and on the Malta forum.

These last years the weather has remained sunny and warm till the end of November so you SHOULD be able to relax on the beach

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Thank you!

I've found somewhere highly recommended on here called Splendid Guesthouse that I thought I might try?!

xx

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

just round the corner from us literally and i am told its very clean and a friendly place to be - the village is very very safe and the people are mostly very friendly and helpful.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

Lovely! Thanks David!! xx

9. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2016, 10:30
10. Re: Single girl in Mellieha in October - hotel or apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 October 2011, 20:35
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations