We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mellieha - Valletta

Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Mellieha - Valletta

Hi, I will be visiting Melleiha next week and was thinking about a trip to Valletta. I have read the recent comments about the new bus service and was wondering whether it would be viable to take a taxi to Valletta instead and what would be the likely cost?

Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

The bus service is a bit of a problem at the moment but it is still a good idea to go to Valletta by bus ----- you`ve plenty of time.

A taxi will be quite expensive proberbly about 25 euros each way.

Graham.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

There is a bus - I think 11 - that goes from Cirkewwa to Valletta via Mellieha and Sliema. it seems to pass pretty regularly. And as far as I know there are other buses too

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

It depends where you wish to get on as the earlier the stage the better chance you have of getting on...both the 11 (via sliema) and the 41 (Via birkirkara) go to Valletta.....

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

The 41 is faster so catch it if you can !

Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

Thanks all for your replies. Will just try our luck with the buses.

Mellieha, Malta
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

Hey there.. I'm from Mellieha so I might be able to help.. The 41 will take approx an hour to get from Mellieha to Valletta though you might have to wait a while for the buses since they tend to be full .. a taxi would be quicker but it would cost around 40 euros

Cambridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

I'm due in Mellieha for a week from August 27th and I was wondering about getting around. I've usually used buses when I've been before but keep hearing horror stories.

Do they offer a weekly go anywhere all in ticket? At least that way I can hop on and off if I want to stop off and see places.

Love Malta to bits by the way. Friendly and nice

Cambridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

I'm due in Mellieha for a week from August 27th and I was wondering about getting around. I've usually used buses when I've been before but keep hearing horror stories.

Do they offer a weekly go anywhere all in ticket? At least that way I can hop on and off if I want to stop off and see places.

Love Malta to bits by the way. Friendly and nice

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

The one good thing to have come out of the bus fiasco is that the weekly ticket has actually gone down in price

A seven day ticket now costs 12 .60 euros.

This can be used on all buses but NOT on buses in Gozo ---- they must be paid separately.

Have a good stay/

Graham

Cambridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mellieha - Valletta

That's great value - even if some don't run when you'd like them to. That's me sorted. Thank you Graham

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha