We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tobacco and cigar prices in malta

suffolk
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
tobacco and cigar prices in malta

hi, can anyone tell the current prices for cigerettes, cafe creme cigars and drum tobacco in malta. thanks in anticapation for any replies..

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

200 Lambert and Butler Gold is €40, Drum for 1/2 kg is €65 and Golden Viginia for 1/2 kg is €67.

Sorry I do not know about cigars.

suffolk
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

hi mac1uk. your reply much appreciated.will pass on to my friend who is coming to malta next week .x

Edited: 15 September 2011, 15:23
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

It is a lot easier to get your smokes in the airport when you are waiting on the bags especially if you want to use a visa card to buy them.They are the same price and you can also buy a bottle or two for the room.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

Agree with wrappido - and they are same price at airport as in shops and kiosks! I usually buy in baggage reclaim and stash them in my case so when I come back it is less to carry (and I can always buy more on the way home at the airport!)

suffolk
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

many thanks again for all your help.im sure my friend will take on board the info, especially as she wouldnt have known about the airport prices..wasnt sure about the allowance but im saying its the same as benidorm??..x

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

Allowances same as all EU - 3200 cigs, don't know about tobacco. Please be aware that recently some have been buying 200 cigs slightly cheaper from some outlets, but have had them confiscated at airport because they were found not to have duty paid on them! All Malta cigs have a silver hologram sticker on the side

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

Passengers travelling to the EU are entitled to buy up to 16 cartons of cigarettes (i.e. 3,200 cigarettes) and 3Kg of tobacco per person.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

If in Bugibba/St Pauls go to Piscopo cash n carry its usually about 1euro per carton cheaper.

johnstone
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

does anyone know the measure of spirits in malta when i was there in 1987 it was tiny i am sure it was a 1/6 of a gill

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tobacco and cigar prices in malta

they are usually 25mls but most bars now do "house" doubles for 2 euros or slightly less. and they are OK too.

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha