We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mellieha weather in september

west sussex
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mellieha weather in september

We have just booked a weeks holiday to Mellieha bay hotel departing on 7th sept. We have never been to Malta before and was wondering what the weather is like that time of year.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mellieha weather in september

As it is early September the weather should still be very warm, for swimming and sunbathing. Last year we were in Malta from 17th to 31st August and it was very hot, we then returned for 5 days on the 29th September. It was noticeably colder, ok to sunbath but too cold for the unheated outdoor pool, we still had a fantastic time.

I have watched the Mellieha Bay Hotel being built, expand and have stayed at the hotel over 20 times (the last was in 2007), the hotel has several swimming pools a small sandy beach, nightclub and a small shop. However it is remote as it is on the far side of the bay and about 10 minutes drive up to Mellieha village.

Have a great holiday and I hope you like Malta enough to return. The Maltese are great friendly people and Malta is steeped in history.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 22:32
west sussex
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mellieha weather in september

Many thanks for your info, is there any shops near hotel to buy tobacco and drinks for balcony.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mellieha weather in september

Malibu

This hotel is remote and I mean remote, the only places near are a couple of beach bars and a van parked by the beach, these will sell cigarettes and drinks, however the choice will be limited and prices could be higher than in Mellieha village.

I would guess that the bay is about 1½ miles long and it would take a good 20 minutes to walk to the other side which has a few restaurants/bars. The village is about another mile or so up a steep hill.

Half way around the bay is a roundabout right by that is Mellieha Holiday Centre, go up to this and between the two buildings is a walkway, at the far end of the building on the left is the entrance to the shop, this again is expensive but has a fair selection.

The hotel shop also sells cigarettes and newspapers but again their prices are high, higher than as listed above.

If you want to buy any quantity of cigarettes I would recommend purchasing them from the shops in the village as they have a good selection and are much cheaper.

If you send me a personal message with an email address I can send you my notes on that area.

Macl1uk

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mellieha weather in september

Hi we arrive 1st Sept (Our 3rd holiday in Mellieh this year) and it will be nice and really warm. Usually go around this time as it is Mellieha fiesta. I believe it is the 8th. If you have a view of Mellieha church you will see a wonderful sight of the church all lit up and the fantastic fireworks. Please to the the fiesta as it is a great day and night. Enjoy...................

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mellieha weather in september

Malibu,

The weather should be hot but not the uncomfortable heat of August, we have stayed at this hotel many times and always visit the Holiday Village for bottles of beer, wine and water etc.

I don't consider it a long walk and over the years have even walked all the way up to Mellieha village ( with a drinks stop at Stans Bar ) After the Mellieha festa one evening we even walked all the way back (same time of year)

I suppose it depends how active you are, if you have kids with you and if you would rather spend the bus fare on a beer! .....

I'm sure you will have a good holiday

6. Re: mellieha weather in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:43
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha