We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panorama Hotel

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Panorama Hotel

Hello, I am booked to stay at the Panorama. When I booked the reviews were ok but since booking it sounds like the place has gone right down hill - to the point that people arriving are transferring to other hotels! This is first time abroad, should I be worried!!! I feel really upset about reading the reviews but I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panorama Hotel

Hi there....

I too was a little surprised by some recent reviews, it is not describing the hotel i stayed at back in November last year... one or two were even suggesting that the owner was some sort of brute, trust me that is NOT the case, Joe i found to be one of the most jovial, happy go lucky hotel owners/managers i have come across is ANY hotel i have been to, and that is quite a few.

I e-mailed the hotel after reading some of these to ask what the problem was, and whether or not i should go ahead with another planned holiday there this year, the reply was that the hotel could not understand why all of a sudden there should be these kind of reviews, and that they were not true, and there was no reason for me to worried about returning.

When i stayed there, i found the hotel to be an excellent choice for the money i had paid, yes it is a 3 star hotel, but will say that i have stayed in 4 star hotels in Malta and i found the Panorama to be head and shoulders above those, maybe check out the review i put here on TA after that visit.

Yes the food is not what you will find at a top class restaurant, but it is decent enough even for a picky eater like me, the rooms are basic as you would expect, but have to say it's a long time since i saw a cleaner one in any hotel..

I will indeed be returning to Hotel Panorama later this year and it is worth pointing out that the hotel does have a LARGE amount of repeat guests returning every year, and that the hotel does have a enviable occupancy rate of 95% every day of the year, trust me not many hotels in the world can boast that, so in my mind those kind of figures does not suggest a bad hotel..

Regards

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Panorama Hotel

Thank you so much for your reply, I checked out your review and it made me feel so much better but since reading it there is yet another very negative review added to the site. I really don't know what to do? I guess all hotels have bad reviews but the reviews for Panorama are getting worse by the week! We are not fussy people at all but have booked half board and will be very disappointed if the food is inedible for the whole week.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panorama Hotel

Hi again..

Well, i can only say as i found, and that was excellent value for money, and i will be going back later in year.

As the old saying goes..

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.."

Maybe do what i tend to do, leave all of the very bad ones, and the very good ones, then take an average..

Worth also pointing out, most of the very bad ones, seem to come from first time posters ?, make of that what you will of course.

Regards

Dave

Edited: 22 May 2012, 16:27
4. Re: Panorama Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:41
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha