We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

For anyone who has stayed at the Radisson Blu time shares, do they have washers and dryers? We will be gone for 11 days so hoping they do! Also is the beach very crowded and do they have chairs or do you need to bring towel?

Also, because of the heat, those of you who just came back or have been early July, what did you wear? I know some had mentioned in a question awhile ago that some restaurants do require slacks for men. Is this only a few, as in, do most allow shorts and a collared polo shirt? How about for women? Can you wear a sleeveless dress? I know in church you are not supposed to wear sleeveless tops or dresses. I would prefer to only pack one pair of slacks for my husband (yes I pack for him!) We leave next Thursday so am trying to put things together now.

Also heard The Radisson has their own private bus service that brings people to town. Is this true?

Thank you!

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

One for you Mac- the radisson one

as for restaurants - most will accept dressy shorts (not beach wear) and 3/4 lengths...sleeveless dresses are fine.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

Thank you David

Yes they have a laundry from memory it is in level 1 of the furthest tower from reception sometimes known as tower 1 or Sunset Tower. Usually in the apartment there is an iron and ironing board.

We take our own towels as although the hotel gives you a towel card, this only allows you one towel which is not that big.

As this is a 5 star hotel if eating in the restaurant would recommend long trousers and polo shirts or T shirts as long as are not sleeveless like vests, sleeveless dresses are fine. I would avoid shorts in the hotel restaurants. There is a café (Apple’s Eye) down the road where shorts would be acceptable, the menu is very wide including swordfish and ribs, but tables and chairs like a café.

It is also frowned on to go from your room to the beach or pool in just your swimming costume and a towel.

The beach gets very crowded especially at the weekends as frequented by locals, however there is part of the beach with sun lounges and umbrellas for hotel guests, these are so tightly packed together.

The Radisson do have a minibus run by Drifters that goes to various places, you have to pre-book this as demand is very high.

Macl1uk

Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

Thank you both for your replies. I definitely want to do laundry if possible! Will make sure to bring slacks for hubby.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

Liked your post Macl1 gosh I remember going for lunch in the Radisson, a few years ago, we had world stations any food!! with flowing wine and soft music from a quartet, Mac it was heaven, First Class 11 out of 10, it was that good!! Please can I advise no need to bring towels out, as they are bulky. you can buy cheap here in the market place then chuck. happy holidays -------- KNOWKATS.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

Knowkats

For the last 20 plus years I have always brought our own towels with us, yes they are bulky but if you spread them across the case they do not take up much room.

Years ago my cousin’s husband who used to run a shoe and beach shop in Bugibba square gave our daughter a towel, I m afraid it was very thin and not much use.

Also arriving with towels saves time going to a market to buy them.

Macl1uk

Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

I was wondering about that too! Thanks for all the advice. Getting close! Less than a week!

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

I agree mac - there are towels and then there are towels - the chepa ones dont dry you too well.

Plus the markets here tend to be held early mornings....

8. Re: Radisson Blu Q's and clothing Q's.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha