We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jeep hire in malta

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
jeep hire in malta

friends have advised me to hire a jeep to see around malta but others have said take the bus what do others think??

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,846 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jeep hire in malta

The bus is a very excellent way to get round the island to see the sites.

Hiring a vehicle is a good idea to see parts that are difficult to get to.

However I would suggest an ordenary saloon car rather than a more expensive and bumpier jeep type vehicle.

Most of the "jeeps" are not real Jeeps they are mostly Suzuki / Maruti vehicles that are not the nicest things to drive .

You need a vehicle with air conditioning.

Graham

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jeep hire in malta

As you have posted on the Mellieha forum I take it that you are staying in the Mellieha area, which by the way is vast, it can take you half an hour to drive from say Golden Bay to Paradise Bay all of which fall within the limits of Mellieha (address shown as L/O Mellieha). Depending where you are staying a car could be a must as some of these places are remote.

Personally when I stay in Mellieha I have always hired a car for the full time, picking it up from the airport as I do not have free transfer. A taxi from the airport to Golden Bay is €25, to Mellieha €29.50, to Paradise Bay €32, you can hire a car for a day for less.

Also it is far quicker by car than using the bus, if going in August at peak times the buses get very full and will not stop to pick up any more passangers.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jeep hire in malta

a car is a better option in my opinion as it gives you the freedom to get off the beaten track - but seriously you dont need a jeep type vehicle at all ...id suggets the same as graham......an besides the jeeps here have a terrible reputation for not being too safe......they are generally older vehicles. and they dont normally have belts on the back bench seats.

have fun exploring

4. Re: jeep hire in malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 July 2012, 18:35
5. Re: jeep hire in malta

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2012, 15:09
6. Re: jeep hire in malta

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations