We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

First Malta trip (test run for Summer 2013) - we are booked into Solana for 7 nts Room only. Should we change this to include breakfast (cost at hotel anyone?) or get breakfast in nearby cafes? Again, rough price for full breakfast outside hotel? Any other useful advice welcomed. Many thanks - norny.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

I suppose really it all depends on how much extra B&B is over and above room only.

To go out and buy a breakfast , either English or a continental with a coffee/tea would proberbly be about 6 euros per day ----- 40 odd euros a week.

I like to get up and go down for breakfast in the hotel.

Enjoy your stay in Malta.

Graham

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

the breakfast is great in the solana, it has loads of fresh fruit and all sorts of pancakes, waffles, omlettes as well as traditinal fried breakfast, its all a buffet and there is no problem with queue or running out of food as its well organised.

I think it would be quite expensive to buy breakfast at the hotel, its probably best to book a b&b package before hand, We went room only this time as b&b was £20 per person per week. This isnt expensive but we were looking to keep the cost down.

Im sure there are other places to get breakfast in mellieha, i didnt see any though but i wasnt looking for them.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

most of the cafes do a breakfast or breakfats type foods...but I can def recommend the Ta Kanani up the hill round the corner from the hotel and hsbc bank it is located in what was the old labour club now fully refurbished and opposite the champ pastizzi shop they do coffees baguettes sandwiches pizza and other stuff too,

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

funnily enough i have already recommended Ta Kanani to the norny for the cheapest pints of Cisk in Mellieha and the great pizzas. I had no idea that they did breakfast also.:)

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

they are usually open for it certainly during summer - not sure of winter though....it is cheap for sure - there menu of food is quite good. Pizzas are excellent and i can vouch for the club sandwiches too with salad and crisps for only 2.50e

cheap drinks of course is standard LOL

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

When we stayed room only at the Solana last Feb I am sure we went into the old Labour club for brekki....

We also used La Bamba for a good breakfast but when we returned in Sept it had changed hands and no where near as good and so much more expensive.

looking forward to 19th Nov we move out to Mellieha to LIVE>>>>>>>>>>>

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

bellethe beauty: Having read some of your previous posts re moving to Malta I hope you enjoy your new life on this lovely island and that your move goes as planned. I am sure there are many , including me, who contribute to this forum who are envious of you but are not currently in a position to make this move.

Norny: apology for jumping in on your OP. Enjoy your holiday.

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

Thanks everyone for the advice - Solana are stating 6Euro p/person p/night for breakfast - maybe book this rather than troop about looking for other cafes. Any other ideas anyone, post away and thanks again. Norny.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

i think €6 is a reasonable price, if its the same as last year then its well worth the money. As i said before the breakfasts are pretty spectula. Being on holiday and throwing caution to the wind some days i had, cereal, cold meat and bread then an omlette followed by a full fried breakfast with waffles with peach strawberrys and yogahrt to follow :)

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solana Hotel January - B&B or Room only ?

Hi again, Thanks again for the updates. One last question, can you get local beer on draught and cost roughly of 500ml/pint of same ? Oops- Thats' technically 2 questions ! Many thanks, norny.

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations