We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munchies - Golden Bay

England
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Munchies - Golden Bay

I have just been reading the golden bay restaurant by the side of the radisson hotel and it sounds fantastic.

We have been planning on eating mainly in the hotel room doing a proper bit of self catering apart from the evening.

Does anyone know the prices at the Munchies restaurant for Breakfast/Lunch and Dinner and treating it as our hotel restaurant.

I am guessing that it wont be cheap but a lot cheaper than the hotel!! Also in the summer does it stay open as a bar after they stop serving food??

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

I have no idea what accommodation you are getting, some have no kitchen facilities at all, some studios have a small 2 ring hob, microwave fridge and sink, some 1 bedrooms have a decent kitchen (no oven) but dishwasher and 1 bedroom deluxe has a cooker as well.

There are two Munchies the nearer one to the hotel just serves typical beach grub, which is fine and cheap. The far one most evenings does an a la carte which is about the same price as the hotel after discount (20% discount card for guests on promotional week).

Recommend that you go to Apple’s Eye glorified cafe but does a fantastic wide menu at very reasonable price. In 2011 eight of us ate there including drinks and deserts the bill on two occasions came to between €110 & €120 (so €15 a head).

Chris

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

English breakfast at Apples Eye including toast, butter and tea or coffee 7.50 euro - Rabbit with veg and fries 10 euro.

England
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

Are the Apples Eye and Munchies also evening bars where you can just enjoy a few drinks or do you need to be eating in them??

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

Apple's Eye is a glorified cafe, but the menu is fantastic at very reasonable prices including swordfish, ribs, burgers, fish and pasta.

Munchies the far one is just a restaurant in the evening.

The Mokka bar is where most guests enjoy a drink in the evening, this is situated opposite reception and has a large veranda with tables and chairs/sofas.

When we were there in August last year Swizzles was closed, this is a cocktail bar next to Flavours (the main restaurant where you have breakfast). These are located on level 1 (pool level), whereas the reception & Mokka bar are on level 2.

Besides the Radisson, Munchies and Apple’s Eye there is nothing else around for miles except the odd house.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

Shembo/T11cy

I have a continental breakfast at Flavours for €7 (before 20% discount), this includes as much coffee/tea, toast, croissants, patisseries and juice as I like. On days my cousin joined me she would have the full breakfast at about €14.75 (before discount) and I would have my usual continental. Have a word with Henri (concierge), he is a lovely old gentleman and is usually in the main restaurant greeting guests.

Macl1uk

England
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

Do you know the typical prices of drinks in the hotel bars?? Maybe a pint of lager a cocktail etc.

Many thanks once again!!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

Local lager, Cisk, is 4.40 euro a pint and is a nice drink.

Cocktails circa €7

There is a happy hour five till six

Bog standard coffee €2.50

Soft drinks €2.50

8. Re: Munchies - Golden Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations