We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Hi everyone,

I have just booked to get married at Melliaha Bay Hotel and while I have seen lots of good reviews about weddings there I am struggling to find any photo's of weddings in the Gazebo and I have also seen from one of the reviews that guests have to stand as there is no room for chairs.

If anyone has photo's they could send me I would be very grateful. I would also like to know what you did with your guests as I don't want them to be uncomfortable!

Many thanks

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Why not email MBH and ask them direct which will be current info rather than old info? Also you will then have emails as backup if they dispute when you arrive for your wedding. Too late after the event but to me sounds like important questions which should have been asked prior to booking.

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Yes, I have done this aswell. Would just be nice to hear from other people who have had their wedding there.

Bordon, Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

My friends got married at the Riu Seabank Hotel in Melleiha Bay in June 2011 and it was fantastic. The staff could not have been more accommodating and their day was perfect including the gazebo outside for the couple and the vicar and we all sat on seats around the gazebo ... food was fantastic... hotel fantastic and there were about 20 of us that all flew out for their big day and we had the most wonderful weekend there with them. Sorry this is not about the hotel that you want to know about but it may give you an alternative.

http://www.seabankhotel.com/

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Thank you, I have seen photo's from this hotel before. We, and some of our guests, have already booked so I will not be looking for alternatives.

Thanks anyway

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Take a look at the following (long) thread regarding weddings at the hotel. Perhaps you could contact some of the contributors and request details and photos from their weddings.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g230152-i1509-k349…

6. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 16:05
Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Guests only stand during the ceremony there are two gazebos, my niece got married in June in the lower one, it is an idling setting for the photos after which we were seated around an enormous table on the patio, there were roughly 30 guests, there was plenty of room, the food was very good and the table was beautify decorated, lovely backdrop of the bay with Mellieha church and old town in the distance.

Don't think you will be disappointed

Frank

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Hi Rebecca,

My Fiancee and I have just booked for May 15! it looks great! Are you thinking of having your reception at the hotel as well? We're looking at finding a little restaurant in the village for ours.

Did you book through First Choice? We've been told it's up to 8 weeks to find out our wedding date, did it take very long for them to confirm yours?

Hi Frank, is there a restaurant in the village overlooking the bay you would recomend for a reception please? There is only between 10-15 of us.

Thanks,

Tom.

9. Re: Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations