We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in mellieha

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
christmas in mellieha

please can you tell me what there is to do in mellieha at Christmas and also what is the weather like in December thank you.There will be three adults and two senior citizens and I am thinking of booking the seabank spa resort

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas in mellieha

Mellieha will be very quiet at Christmas especially at the Bay where outside of the hotel you will have very little to do in the direct vicinity. Weather will be in the mid teens (average) and there could be some sunny spells where it will feel a little warmer. You would be better looking at either Bugibba/Qawra or Sliema/St Julian's which will have better options for tourists at this time of year. I suggest you look at the Top Questions on the right of this page for more information on these areas. Christmas is a nice time to visit Malta.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas in mellieha

I have spent the last 17 Christmases in Malta.

Looking in my journal that I keep for all holidays and breaks , it confirms that I have been able to sunbathe midday every Christmas day with the exception of one .

I stayed in Bugibba or St Pauls Bay and found this a good place to spend the holiday.

Mellieha will , as Tripalot says , very quiet.

You really need to be somewhere livelier.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas in mellieha

I also agree - Mellieha is very quiet in December & nowhere to potter near the Seabank bar the beach itself. It's truly scenic but Qawra / Bugibba will offer more for you off season.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas in mellieha

HI All

I mean this in the best possible way because I love Mellieha but if you can think of those old westerns with ghost towns where no one exists that's how Mellieha will be at Christmas time it is simply the wrong place to be at that time of year.

Try looking at Buggiba Qawra St Julians Sliema areas for Christmas in my humble opinion

Just to clarify before any one from Mellieha goes into melt down I stay in Mellieha from time to time and love the place

All the best

Sid

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas in mellieha

Hi yes we live in Mellieha and no won't go into melt down. lol

Billy's musiclub is always busy at Christmas and best new year bar never get to bed before 4am music dancing eating etc

Cross Keys busy at Christmas and new year open really late

Reflections always busy and open really late.

couple of bars don't open at all.

all restaurants open some with Christmas food some keep their usual menu.

can recommend Solana Hotel had a wonderful stay also Pergola hotel seem lively also Maritime Hotel very busy.

weather has been really nice on Christmas day a dress and hubby in t shirt during the day buses run but not as often. Bakery open til 8pm lots of shops open all day This is on the main street not down by the Sea Bank

6. Re: christmas in mellieha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations