We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Bay , Melieha

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Bay , Melieha

I am planning Christmas AND new year here this year, can anyone tell me what it is like that time of year regarding activity, weather ,talent lol.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,840 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

Malta being an all year round destination so there is always a lot going on.

Christmas is always a lovely time in Malta and Valletta has many activities.

However the Paradise Bay hotel is very remote and so hiring a car would be the best idea or you will have to go on the buses .

Paradise Bay is very handy for the Gozo ferry , in fact it is walking distance.

Have a great Christmas.

Graham

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

Thanks Graham. Usually I am a bike man. I usually hire a motorbike for the duration of my holiday.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

Around Paradise Bay, there is nothing really bar the hotel. You may have bright sunny days if you are lucky and can sit out in the sun. Outdoor pool and sea swimming is really a no no. Not sure if you have ventured to Malta before - it's not the best territory for bike riders, it's small with no real open roads, road surfaces are very poor in parts and bike riders are often not considered by car drivers. Not being too negative here but it's a good idea to be forewarned. :0)

If you like 'action' look at St. Julians perhaps?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,840 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

If anyone thinks that motorcycling is not popular in Malta they should go to Golden Bay on a sunday morning.

There are hundreds of them.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20140728/loca…

An interesting article in today's paper. Let's hope they make a quick recovery. I would simply remind tourists to be very careful when riding a bike here.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

I think the motorbikers meet up at Cirkewwa now.(ferry terminal)

7. Re: Paradise Bay , Melieha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations