We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly shopping

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Weekly shopping

Hi,

I'm palnning to travel to Malta in May with my husband and two kids. I will be on a bit of a budget however we will have a place to stay for free my question would be, if you were to do a weekely shop your cereals,bread,milk,canned foods for lunch, meat, salads, fruit&vegetables bottles of water or fizzy drink how much would a family of 4 average a week with shopping?

I need to try and work out an idea on how much it would cost me for a weekly shopping keeping in mind that at times we may be eating with family.

Thanks,

Leanne

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly shopping

About 15 to 20 euros per day , to give you a rough idea in euros , milk 1 per litre loaf of bread 85 cents , potatoes 50 cents kilo, chicken and pork are cheapest meats , fresh fish expensive , so buy frozen from " MIRACLE FOODS" tined fish or meat is very expensive here, ham, bacon, very cheap, so taking all this into account , i would think you could get by on 15 to 20( not including beer or wine) i know you ausies have a great time in MALTA.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly shopping

I have a wife and two teenage daughters and spend much more than 20 euros a day , but that depends on what you consider normal standards of living and what you include in the budget , like water and electricity bills, car fuels , internet , cellphone , insurance and eating out ...the list is endless but my wallet is not :-)

You can work out your costs in Malta by having a look at present prices at this well known supermarket and decide for your self

www.pavi.com.mt/products.aspx…

by just looking up the prices . My cousins from Sydney say that food in Malta is more expensive than they spend in Aussieland ! St Albans,I think or Sunshine ?

Welcome to Malta and enjoy your stay

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly shopping

Both Pavi and Smart deliver to areasin Malta if you shop online , depends where you are staying

http://www.smart.com.mt/

You need to give an email address to register on the Smart website for orders and pricing . Pavi is in Qormi while Smart is in Birkirkara while ther are many other shops which do not have a website all over Malta and Gozo .

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly shopping

Where are you staying ?

Gozo
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekly shopping

AFAIK neither Smart nor PAVI deliver to Gozo, which is where Sannat is.

ps to mods - its Sannat not Sanat - I've emailed in the past asking for it to be corrected, but not had a response

6. Re: Weekly shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 06:29
Get answers to your questions about Sannat
Recent Conversations
More Sannat Topics