We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Andrea Hotel

Cambridge
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
San Andrea Hotel

I am about to book our first short break to Gozo for March and really like the look and sound of the San Andrea hotel in Xlendi. The reviews on here are very complimentary - I just wondered if anyone had anything else to add? We will also use the hotel to arrange the airport transfers - did anyone use the hotel for transfers? The majority of reviewers recommend booking a sea view room to watch the sunset, but I notice that there is a rooftop terrace where you can enjoy drinks and watch the sun go down - therefore we will probably relax on the terrace instead of paying the extra. I appreciate the weather will be unpredictable around this time of year, but hopefully we'll be able to walk around in shorts and t-shirts? Any comments would be gratefully received - many thanks!!

Sandra

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Andrea Hotel

we always head to xlendi in the winter as it is very sheltered, the hotel is lovely nice menu , on the sea front, im sure you will get some sunshine whilst you are in gozo. try the pizzas at the stone crab lovely, and the ice cream behind the st patricks hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: San Andrea Hotel

yes, agree with annette, the icecream next to St Patrick's hotel - parking side area- is lovely. Weather in March may be unpredictable but am sure you will enjoy some moments of shorts and t-shirts...will definately be better than here....though no one knows....last February, we had lovely weather over here, sunny and abnormally hot for us, while in Gozo they had 'snow'...yes snow...!!! If you are staying at Xlendi a sea-view room is recommended. The roof terrace is an ideal place for a drink, but it will be rather chilly in late afternoons/early evenings. Consider car hire to get the best out of your holiday. Drive to the village of Kercem and go to the cliffs overlooking Xlendi bay. Also go to Munxar, the village on the other side of Xlendi and walk to Sanap Cliffs.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Andrea Hotel

Thanks for all your advice - much appreciated. Can't wait now!!

Sandra

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: San Andrea Hotel

you can always check out rates for self-catering as well. March is def not the peak time, so you can get a villa for the price of a hotel room. Hundreds of villas and farmhouses on Gozo, but i can recommend gozobreak.com , definately a reputable family run name, since have never been disappointed in all these years using their services. You may try scuba-diving as well, Frankie's is one of the best in Gozo...and not only in Gozo, but one of the best in the Med. Lots of other things to do and lots of places to vist.

Pulborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: San Andrea Hotel

Hi

I fully agree with magnusson. If you go for a short holiday in March you can save £££ and get a delightful gozitan farmhouse.

Enjoy!

gozo
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: San Andrea Hotel

I agree with the rest of a farmhouse. You can hang around the village clubs/bars and have a chat with the locals on the current topic. Get a car hire (try www.tracgozo.com) and drive to Dwejra or St. Demitri chapel in Gharb and find a good place to view the sunset.

south staffordshire
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: San Andrea Hotel

I have spent the past 17 years going to Xlendi Bay, I fell totally in love with the place on my first visit. We have know come to know every little hidden nook and cranny, the best places to eat and have many local friends. We have always used Xlendi Tourist Services, where George and Jason have always been first class with their service and organisation. We have always dived with St Andrews Divers Cover which is directly opposite the San Andrea hotel and consider them to be the best on the Island. A sea view room would be best as you can sit on your own balcony and watch the sun go down at night and come up in the morning. March will be a lovely month, it is amazing just how green the Island is in March/April and the hundreds of flowers that very quickly dissappear as the heat starts coming in for the summer. We are going in October which is a nice month and sets us up for the long winter back here in Britain. Gozo is my second home and I hope that you fall under its spell also.

8. Re: San Andrea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Xlendi