We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Sheffield, UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Having been given a couple of flights to Malta in late October as a gift I really have no idea where to stay. My wife and I are late 30s and looking for somewhere that is not too busy (no need for nightclubs) but with very good dining options and handy as a base to see the island. Hotel wise we would like a reasonably good standard.

Any help would be much appeciated.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Hi Ashley.

I think a good destination for your time in malta would be Sliema. It is not as busy as St.Julians but is a nice location with a good selection of bars and restaurants.

There is a very nice promenade with lovely views across to Valletta and a good selection of hotels.

Sliema is very well positioned for seeing the island. An excellent inexpensive bus sevice covers all parts and Valletta is only a 15 minute ride away

Hope to have been some help.

Graham.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

OH I forgot, hotels

The Waterfront Hotel right on the front is quite popular and gets good reviews. A little more upmarket is the 5 star Fortina, again popular.

Graham

Malta
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Hi there,

Seeing that you'll be visiting in late October, it's best if you stay somewhere central and not in the North for example where the best beaches are. Still you may be lucky enough to get some beach weather even in October.

The previous poster gave you some good suggestions. I agree that Sliema would be an ideal choice for you - lots of dining places, lovely promenade and well connected.

Some other hotels you could look into:

www.imperialhotelmalta.com

www.victoriahotel.com

www.preluna-hotel.com

If you'd like more information about Malta and how you can spend your holidays on the Maltese islands, check out my website at:

www.maltabulb.com/things_to_do_in_malta.html

Hope that helped a bit.

Cheers,

Marica

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Another hotel is Sliema worth considering is The Palace Hotel.

I would also check out the following in St Julian's as Sliema and St Julian's are adjoining, one runs into the other

Radisson SAS St Julian's

Corinthia San Gorg

Westin Dragonara

Juliani

Hilton

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Incidentally you are posting on the Xlendi, in Gozo forum. Maybe you should post in the Malta forum although I guess we all look at both Malta and Gozo forums :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

But Twirl, our friend Ashley might also consider Gozo. He/She is enquiring about a not-a-busy place with very good dining options! Definately Gozo suits such a place. Maybe you can consider any hotel from Kempinski, Calypso or Ta' Cenc, or may opt for a self-catering villa/farmhouse. Quite excellent restaurants in Gozo, the likes of Cima and Tmun in Xlendi, Tatitas in San Lawrenz, Brookies, La Stanza and Panzier in Victoria, Jeffrey's in Gharb, Country Terrace at Ghajnsielem. Oleander and Xi-Xi (Chinese) in Xaghra, quite a couple of other good restaurants in Qala village square, and Kartell, Otters and Ta' Frenc in Marsalforn, and Buket in Qala, overlooking the Channel. Have been to all, and can say that all of them are excellent.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Magnusson - you are right I assumed they meant somewhere in Malta but Gozo is a good alternative

8. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:35
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Before we go any further - I note you are on the Xlendi forum.

Xlendi is in Gozo - so are you interested in staying in Gozo or in Malta ?

Have a look at www.visitmalta.com . There is a good interactive map and e-brochures and video clips.

www.supercities.eu and www.heartofmalta.com are also good and have video clips.

Have a look at the Malta forum and see the Top Questions on the right.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g190311-i348-Malta…

Paris
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please Help! absolutely no idea where

Just a note re Tmun in Xlendi, it is now closed and moving to Mgarr.

Get answers to your questions about Xlendi