We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xlendi at the end of October

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Xlendi at the end of October

How busy will Xlendi be at the end of October? We have not been to Gozo before so don't know what to expect.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Xlendi Gozo is to me, paradise in high season, May to September a stunning location, the best! but at the end of October you would be at risk of being very lonely in this resort, nothing much open at that time of year, here!! with nothing much to do, maybe this is what you are looking for? your choice. Xlendi is situated in a pretty, but remote sheltered cove / bay with a good choice of restaurants/cafes along the foreshore, and a couple of small tourist shops, NO corner shops, for daily needs or chemists here, as far as I know? there is also a very popular diving school that operates from here, a truly beautiful setting for eating out. Walking anywhere outside this small bay, would be heavy going. The hop on hop off bus stops here, also a bus service, into Victoria the capital. Hotels. the St Patrick's, and San Andrea, I have stayed in both, room numbers are of paramount importance, go for high floor unrestricted sea, (the best) or unrestricted country views all with balconies, (side views no good) you must state this when you book, the inside rooms are horrible!! all right for a one night stay. See-T/A- reviews on both of these Hotels? . Synopsis. Gozo is a lovely Island, slow paced, quiet with stunning sea and country views, can be Very Very quiet, (dead) in the Winter months as many restaurants/ shops/ and others, close down at that time of year. KNOWKATS.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Thank you very much for the advice - appreciate it. We are only staying for two days as spending 5 days on Malta - where else would you suggest? We don't mind quiet but do like choice of bars of an evening? As long as we can get around on the bus during the day. San Andrea has no sea view rooms and St Patricks only has club sea view suites which are a bit pricey but we would pay if worth it. Am also looking at Hotel Xlendi Resort and Spa which have some very reasonably priced sea view rooms available. Have seen reviews of both hotels and am sure both would be ok - but there are quite a bad reviews on both. Three star standard is fine for us as long as we get a good view!

Thanks again.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

The Hotel Xlendi would do fine, this Hotel had some bad reviews a few years ago, but is under new management now, so that's all history. This Hotel is at high level so sea rooms would have spectacular views over the bay, there is a lift that takes you down, then through a tunnel to the waters edge, where all the bars and restaurants are situated, If you click on my picture, go into my forums See---- Re gozo tour, 30-July-2011 this will be of interest to you!! and if you do decide to stay at this Hotel please can you give us some feedback, as I would like to stay in this Hotel on my next visit, thank you for your reply. KNOWKATS.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Thank you so much for that - that does explain things. We are going to book to stay there and I will certainly let you know what it's like. I will look at your report too later today. Many thanks again. Vivienne

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Hi Vivienne check out www.mygozo.com will give you lots of info about what to do etc

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

i wouldnt recommend hotel Xlendi at all, stay clear, mobydick appartments a good shout, st pats and san andrea, as out of season email them direct with your budget and they should be able to do a deal

Edited: 22 September 2012, 12:52
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Thank you for that. mygozo.com looks like just what we need. Had emailed both of these hotels directly already. I have looked at Moby Dick as you suggest but minimum three night stay, but thanks very much for the advice.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Gozoking, Re Xlendi Hotel stay clear!! we are all wondering Why? have you stayed there recently? have you had a bad experience? ie-- food, room problems, over charging, or GHOSTS LOL!! if so what was it? very puzzling!! only this Hotel is in a fabulous position, overlooking the bay and has had an extensive refit, I have never stayed there, but having the right room number (so important with all hotel bookings) should think it ideal, and was considering staying there in the spring and would hate to end up wishing I hadn’t!! in other words was it something serious or petty. A reply would be very much appreciated on here, or you can send me a private message, thank you very much. KNOWKATS.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

I have emailed two recent reviewers to this effect as reviews do seem to vary a lot. Usually if you read enough reviews you get a good overall feel, but not the case here.

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xlendi at the end of October

Xlendi will be quiet in October but will still be some restaurants/bars open. If weather will be nice, it would be a very nice area to locate.

Get answers to your questions about Xlendi