We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

Which Xlendi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

Hi! Just hoping someone can help me. My partner and I are staying in Xlemdi Bay as part of our Honeymoon. We were just wondering would many places be open 12-14th Oct?? We arrive on a Sunday and leave the Tuesday. Not looking for nite clubs, just nice places to eat and drink. Have a self catering apt so would also like to know if there would be any small local shops in the bay are. All suggestions Welcome!! Thanks!!!

7 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

There are many places to eat & I'm sure you will find somewhere. I like The Boat House and Zafiro. A cheaper eatery is Val D'Or up behind the car park & although I have not tried it, many are raving about the Indian, Sapana. October will be quiet and few places stay open really late but it's a nice resort for simply relaxing and watching the sunset. Enjoy!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

October will be fairly quiet however Xlendi is a popular resort so it will definitely not be deserted and all the bars, restaurants, shops etc will still be open. Although the weather will be cooling down you could still get highs of low twenties (possibly hotter) and the sea should still be warm enough for a dip (around 24 degrees). There is a chance of rain but these tend to be quick showers and are often at night.

Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

Thank you very much for your reply. I will check these places out. Do you know if there are any small grocery shops in the area to pick up a few essentials, bread,milk,water and Wine!!! We will be arriving on a Sunday, so was afraid everywhere would be closed.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

There are some small shops which sell groceries although I don't know if they are open on Sundays. I've only visited Xlendi Bay on day trips so have never bought provisions there. There is a shop in arrivals at Malta airport where you can probably buy wine :)

Victoria, Malta
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

Hi, there is a small souvenir shop which sells wine and milk and a couple of other bits, probably open on Sunday. Depending what time you arrive Victoria has Arcadia open until 8pm, Dukes and Lidl open until late afternoon. Have a fantastic time.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

It amazes me when people say is Gozo open, gozitans go out to eat and drink like the rest of us . You will a couple of places on the sea from

Nt Moby dicks good food also StPatricks hotel and a small bar called at nona also off the sea from there a a few places to eat .but clench is not far from anywhere on Gozo. Bus to Victoria run regular and other parts of the island make sure you try the ice cream. Facing the car park so many. Flavours to choose

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October

There is not a shop that sells food in xlendi but Arcadia in Victoria opens on Sunday till 8pm you could get your shopping on the way. Through

Reply to: Xlendi for 2 nights 12-14th October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Xlendi