We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medan, lake toba trip

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
medan, lake toba trip

We are supposed to go on a 4 day lake toba trip which includes 1 night in lake toba, 1 night in /berastagi and 1 night in Medan just before Christmas. Air tickets already paid for but can't decide whether to book the land tour.

how's the dust/ash condition at Berastagi and lake toba with Sinabung vicinity on high alert?

Do you think we should take a chance and go?

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medan, lake toba trip

condition are perfectly normal now with no major eruption reported in the past 2weeks or so. for me there is no reason to cancel. but of course there is no guarantee there wont be another eruption, although i find the chances of that happening is pretty small

for latest update on the volcano situation pls check this thread: tripadvisor.com/…54547255

Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medan, lake toba trip

I recommend you book your tours and travel when you arrive too.. So many helpful people there

I miss Indonesia a lot. A land of Great mystery due to the lack of info on the internet

some great info and photos on here

http://adventure-backpacking.com/lake-toba/

I hope you enjoy Lake Toba as much as I did

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: medan, lake toba trip

thanks so much for the inside info and loved the pictures. the reason I picked Lake toba is for its natural beauty . Unfortunately for this trip I've already booked a package from singapore. We only have 4 days. I am very tempted to plan another trip on our own and maybe spend a week there. I like the simplicity and ruggedness and the friendly and helpful locals.

Thanks for sharing.

Kuantan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
155 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: medan, lake toba trip

Planning a trip to lake toba at the end of this month. Just wondering whether its best to stay on samosir island or at parapat?

I'm a middle-range traveller, travelling with kids.

Samosir
Level Contributor
416 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: medan, lake toba trip

Hello ALR,

Parapat has not too much to offer for kids. Best to stay on Samosir Island especially Tuk Tuk. In Tuk Tuk there are a few places especially catering for families with kids.

Just check reviews on TripAdvisor

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g303958-Samosir_Islan…

HORAS !!! HORAS !!! HORAS !!!! WELCOME TO TUK TUK

6. Re: medan, lake toba trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about North Sumatra
More North Sumatra Topics