We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

Seoul, South Korea
1 post
Save Topic
Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

Hi,

I am planning a tour to Kawah Ijen.

I will arrive at Surabaya Airport at AM 09:10, 01 May

and have to get to Yogyakart by the evening on 03 May.

And I am a solo traveller.

I think "Surabaya-Ijen-Bromo-Yogyarkarta" route would be great for me.

Also I think I can manage to get to Banyuwangi by myself on 01 May.

Is there any recommendation for agencies or ways to make this tour possible?

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Ijen Resort & Villas - The Hidden Paradise
Ijen Resort & Villas...
414 Reviews
Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Banyuwangi
Banyuwangi
East Java, Indonesia
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
78 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

Hi there..

Your plan is feasible.. But would you consider about going to Banyuwangi all by yourself?

I know there's a straight train from Surabaya to Banyuwangi.. But please be concern of where you're gonna spend the night, and how are you gonna reach Paltuding (hiking post for Ijen)..

Becasue from Banyuwangi (Ketapang area) to Paltuding takes about 1 hour drive.. And if you stay at the hotel downtown (Ketapang), you might need to take their jeep rent to reach Paltuding (~ IDR 700.000,-)

Travel agents charge usually already including shuttle from Surabaya - Banyuwangi - Ijen - (Bromo) - Surabaya..

But since you're a solo traveler, i guess the price will be higher.. Unless you can find agents that have a group tour..

So better weighing some option before you're departing.. :)

Mentioned in this post
Banyuwangi
Banyuwangi
East Java, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Ijen Resort & Villas...
414 Reviews
Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Bromo Tengger...
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

Very likely, you take the first step toward Bungurasih by Damri Bus and the second step take Bus toward Probolinggo, Probolinggo you have to carefully choose a tour agency, because around the bus terminal there are many tour agents who will offer you to go to Bromo-Ijen Crater and back to Probolinggo (Which I know cost about IDR 700,000 = 1 night stay at Bromo Hotel, 1 night stay at Ijen Homestay, transportation, Jeep 4x4WD sharee), then in the afternoon on the 3rd you can use Logawa Trains departing from Surabaya at 7 pm (5 hours later you arrive at Yogyakarta )

I hope it can help you

Warm regards

Dukun gunung ®

Mentioned in this post
Probolinggo
Probolinggo
East Java, Indonesia
Ijen Crater
Ijen Crater
2,338 Reviews
Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Ijen Resort & Villas...
414 Reviews
Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta
Java, Indonesia
3. Re: Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 18:47
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,938 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

post # 3 - spam

5. Re: Ijen Tour Inquiry: Any recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:16