We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so much to take in..........

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
298 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
so much to take in..........

I am coming to Indonesia in Sept and am focusing my 3 weeks in Borneo. However, there is sooooo much to choose from so find myself focusing mostly in Kalimantan (East & south)

I am 67 yr old male travelling solo. Enjoy nature, water, culture, people watching. Do plan on diving Sipadan and/or Derawan, but also open to a river cruise, national forest, trekking, Would like to do a home-stay but can easily handle backpacker lodging or more comfortable accomodations. One of the things I enjoy the most about travel is interacting with fellow adventurers. I normally do not use tours, but beginning to see where one almost is forced into it here. Just wondering if any experienced travellers here have suggestions as to activities OR a travel agent who might be able to arrange a variety of activities.

Appreciate your thoughtfulness.

2 replies to this topic
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: so much to take in..........

I know an Indonesian backpacker based in Banjarmasin. He organises group budget trips for Kalimantan.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 03:38
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
298 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: so much to take in..........

GREAT......... I'm interested in learning more about him and his services

Reply to: so much to take in..........
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Kalimantan
More East Kalimantan Topics