We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?

Southern Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?

I’m planning a visit to Kaliningrad Oblast by motorcycle in the summer. Since I’m a citizen of a Schengen state and entering at Bagrationovsk, I should be able to obtain a 72-hour visa. I do have a question though: is Baltiysk still a restricted area for foreigners? If so, can I visit Baltiysk with an authorized guide, or is it simply not possible to visit Baltiysk?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?

I'd suggest you coordinate your plans with regional tourist center http://www.visit-kaliningrad.ru/en/, info@visit-kaliningrad.ru

Try contacting them directly.

According to visit-kaliningrad.ru/info/… (all in Russian) there're certain restricted zones (see map, which is a bit outdated, accorsing to the site: purple zones are restricted http://www.visit-kaliningrad.ru/upload/iblock/2b1/Border%20and%20regulated%20zones.pdf)

Generally visiting is not prohibited but requires a pass from FSB. Local tourist companies assit in getting one. It takes time however.

Southern Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?

Thanks Avidclam! I’ll get in touch with the regional tourist agency and

have them to arrange it. :-)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?

Frankly I doubt you''ll have them do anything other than advise you but at least you may get good referral )

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?

Hello! If you want to visit Kaliningrad, please check my website www.kaliningrad-guide.com You do not need a permission to go to Baltiysk.

Reply to: Baltiysk restricted for foreigners?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kaliningrad Oblast