We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packages to Palolem?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Packages to Palolem?

Can anyone give me any information on Palolim please. Does any UK travel Co's offer package holidays to this destination? Taking everything into consideration I have previously found pakage holidays to be the most cost effective holiday for short term ie 2/3 weeks.

I have previously stayed at the Dona Sa Maria in Tamborim (Cavelossim) which is very quiet and have enjoyed this location. I was of the understanding that this destination was about as far south as you could go on a package holiday, but perhaps not?

I prefer the more basic hotels with a swimming pool if possible, something like the DSM.

Any views would be very much appreciated.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packages to Palolem?

Hi whitesix I have never seen a package to Palolem in any brochure at all. Most accomodation is booked independently.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packages to Palolem?

Thanks Stalex; since writing I was also wondering about Agonda, because I think this is quieter that Palolem, but perhaps the same applies there also.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packages to Palolem?

It's a long time since I've been there, but I don't think there are any sizeable hotels there - just beach huts and guest houses, which is probably why the tour companies don't go there. The nearest would be somewhere like the Intercontinental.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packages to Palolem?

Same with Agonda too thankfully! :)

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packages to Palolem?

Hello Stalex

Are these places still virtually unspoilt and quiet.

I suppose self travel would appear to be the only way to visit.

And it would therefore seem that Tamborim is about the furthest I can get whereby I can achieve a quiet location at a good (package) cost.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packages to Palolem?

Palolem is very busy now to be honest but still beautiful and nothing like the northern resorts. Agonda and Patnem are a lot quieter and perfect for us as a family although neither could be described as unspoilt. We will spend 3 weeks in Agonda in Feb 2015.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packages to Palolem?

grab a flight from skyscanner.net or charterflights.co.uk . then book a room . if you want agonda try dunhill h20 whitesands they always get good shouts but there are more too . if you dont mind a several mins ride on a bike to agonda try ferngardenia near palolem cos that has the pool you mention and i thought it was excellent . its on my blog if you want to see pics : tharobster.wordpress.com .

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packages to Palolem?

Thanks tharobster; very informative.

9. Re: Packages to Palolem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Palolem
Recent Conversations
More Palolem Topics