We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and Swimming in october ...

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and Swimming in october ...

Hi,

in October we can stay in Ciaran`s Camp. The Restaurant is still closed.

How is the weather during that time? Already are restaurants and shops open? Can we swim or the sea is still too stormy ???

Thank you !!!

Supermaus

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and Swimming in october ...

Too dangerous to swim in October, season starts in November so lots of places still closed

Goa
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and Swimming in october ...

Hi,

A few Restuarants and Shops should be open in Palolim in October and I think the sea should be ok, Palolim is quite sheltered. The monsoon this year is a bit up and down so you can never tell when it might finish, its raining lots at the moment, although last week was nice... Usually the rains stops early October, but weather is changing everywhere so you can never be sure.

Paris...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and Swimming in october ...

I am planning on staying one week in Goa from Oct 24 till Oct31. I am travelling Alone .Any recommandation on a place to stay. I already have contacted one resort, but they say they are closed at that time.On the 30th, I will go to Puttur, I heard I can take a train to Karwar and then another one to Puttur. Anybody has info on trains?

Thanks.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and Swimming in october ...

We decided to try it. If we are really the only tourists in Palolem and bathing is not possible, then we go back to the Cavelossim Dona Sylivia Resort All Inclusive and swimming pool.

Thanks for the replies! mouse

NORWICH
Level Contributor
197 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather and Swimming in october ...

Swimming in sea in October is a big no no. Goa is well known for their tides and unsafe swimming at the best of times. They have no life guards. Be safe and stick to hotel pool. Also just coming to end of rainy season.

6. Re: Weather and Swimming in october ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Palolem
More Palolem Topics