We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance with Room number selection

Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Assistance with Room number selection

Hi,

I am scheduled for Angaga min January…

I saw lots of room tips and I am a bit confused…

The reef side may have a small beach, depending on the wind and time of year??!?!!?

The lagoon side is either close to the Jetty or to the bungalow dock that seem to have rocks

In some pictures and videos I see lots of rocks on the lagoon side beach entrance (near bungalows)

On some others I don’t see any rocks at all – strange…

Intuitively, I think I should go for the lagoon side, but not sure about the rocks…

I am thinking about numbers 145-147 (not too close to the Jetty and rest and also far from the rocks)

Please share your knowledge

Thanks !

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

Well you are a little early to be doing room selection, you need to ask two weeks beforehand when they do the planning,

Secondly you need to ask for a wider selection of rooms. Giving them very little choice like you suggest means there is a high chance you won't get it, they can't keep rooms empty for days waiting for you to arrive.

By honest advice would be ask for the location you want ie quiet, lagoon side or close to facilities etc etc. and let the hotel allocate the room that best fits that requirement,

Ps and yes, seasons and tides can affect the beach.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

Hello, we were there in March and requested to stay on the lagoon side. This is of course just our preference, but this side is so much more beautiful, the beach is much wider here (season depending) and you have the big gorgeous lagoon right in front of you. More beach erosion on the reef side and less beach - some places no beach at all. We stayed in #142 which was perfect, not too close to the restaurant (150) and not to close to the family bungalows (136-138). We only used 2 mins to walk over to the reef side when we wanted to snorkel.

Enjoy, it is a beautiful island!!

Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

Thank you for your answer !

Please take a look at the first minute and a half of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK6LhGgSFwc

Or starting 5:20 of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfXy1l3kbI

half of the lagoon beach, close to the bungalow dock, seem FULL of rocks

not the white clear sandy slop as the rest of the island…

142 is pretty close to the bungalows dock (more then to the Jetty):

southtravels.com/asia/…resortmap.html

was it like this when you were on the Island ?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

you are way overthinking . as froggie suggest, you have to give the island a fighting chance to accommodate your request . especially in high season, you can't narrow it down to 3 numbers. ask for reef side or lagoon side and you have some hope to get your request granted.

whatever you see on pictures or videos was the conditions at the time the reviewers visited angaga . as you noticed , these conditions change with weather and season.

I suggest you relax and just see where you are allocated . you might find that its under the conditions during your stay a perfect spot . if not , simply ask to be moved when you are there and actually have a clue which areas of the island you would prefer.

don't try to micromanage your vacation to death a half a year before you are even going ^^

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

Yes there are some rocks in the water, not a lot, but no problem swimming (just go around them). You can't see them at high tide. No rocks around #142, they start from #140 and downwards I think. Never really thought of this as a problem at all.... The beaches on the lagoon side were wide and gorgeous when we were there.

Just send Angaga an e-mail a couple of weeks before you go and let them know your criteria. They will do their best to meet your wishes.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

This is the weirdest thing but we have always put in a room preference after months of research , never got what we asked for but actually what we did get, was the best room we could have wished for . There's a lesson there .

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

I would in hindsight avoid 101 - 115 as they have a lot of foot traffic past the window en route to the bar and restaurant- we were in 103. When we were there one March there was very little beach outside 101- 115 although the sand does move around, in fact they were sand bagging in places, on the upside our room gave very good access to the reef and drop off.

As others have said if you are going to make a room request you need to ask for a range of say 10/15 rooms to give the resort a chance to accommodate your request.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 18:34
8. Re: Assistance with Room number selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Angaga Island
More Angaga Island Topics