We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

Hi all,

I am thinking of heading down March 15th (to Gran Club). Although there are limited sites online that have dive info for Santa Lucia, I see that there is shark diving. Has anyone done this before? Is it required to pre-book? Are the sharks around all year? What are the other dive sites like, and what are the prices for diving in the area? Any info would be appreciated, thanks! I've been to Jibacoa for the past two years but I would like to experience some new dive sites this year.

Kate

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

Have you seen this site? It answers most of your questions.

www.wowcuba.com/scuba/dive-santalucia.html

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

Thanks, I have e-mailed them. Mostly just looking for some personal experiences as well, perhaps from people who have been diving at other locations on the island and how it compares to Santa Lucia.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

roomed next door to dive centre when we were ar brisas in nov./dec.. everyone coming and going had a good time. the tanks seemed well maintained and safety was good as well. they also have fish guides for sale for snorkelers. I've bought mine there. carol e. if they have room they'll take snorkelers, too. and I can tell you from experience as a snorkeler there are some great reefs out there. looking forward to our trip on march 26th to visit my little fishies. lol

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

Theres a barracuda out there Carol that wanted me to say hi to you.... he's waiting...lol

5. Re: Santa Lucia Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations