We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We finally booked!!! Going to Brisas!!!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
We finally booked!!! Going to Brisas!!!

I'm so excited. After a few false starts (confusion with my hubby, its a long story),we finally booked for Brisas Santa Lucia, leaving March 15!!

It will be me, hubby and our 7 year old daughter. We mostly just plan on staying at the resort but may do an excursion. Any suggestions that a 7 year old might enjoy?

The info I saw online (we booked with Nolitours out of Toronto) it says its 90 minutes from the airport. Is this accurate or will it be longer? My previous experience tells me its always longer. LOL Thankfully we'll be going in the daytime so we'll be able to enjoy the view on the way.

So excited! We haven't been to an all-inclusive vacation since our honeymoon in 1999!!

51 more sleeps!!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: We finally booked!!! Going to Brisas!!!

"The info I saw online (we booked with Nolitours out of Toronto) it says its 90 minutes from the airport. Is this accurate or will it be longer?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longer depends on whether the road is there or not, how many craters vs potholes and their frequency, wildlife crossing the street / highway, cows, dogs, cats, horses, bulls...

I'd imagine that would all play a factor.

Although I'm sure someone here could give you a better estimate, perhaps from experience. So 'don't take my word for it'.

Seriously though i hope you both have a great time, relax and enjoy. I'm going myself very very soon.. make the best of it and think positive. Your both going to have a blast. Bless Cuba and its people.

Edited: 25 January 2012, 03:27
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We finally booked!!! Going to Brisas!!!

The highway from Camaguey to Santa Lucia is actually quite good, just back last week and the bus trip both ways was approx 1hr 15 min.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We finally booked!!! Going to Brisas!!!

LOL @ JIA.

Thanks SailOrman. That's great to hear. DH gets a little car sick when he isn't driving and 90 minutes is about his limit so he'll be even happier.

We are pretty easy going and just want to get away from life for a few days as a family. We deserve it. Can't wait!!

4. Re: We finally booked!!! Going to Brisas!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 09:27
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations