We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Right then

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Right then

Right so the question should be, hey what in your estimation is the best of the lot in santa lucia, resort wise. sorry for the previous confusing post. yours freezing in northern manitoba , single malt , ethan.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Right then

yes it was rather confusing !

with the matlock thing, and people trying to advise you etc etc and you being in manitoba !!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Right then

Be Live Brisas Santa Lucia at 3+ stars is the best available of the 4 all-inclusive resorts there.

Terry

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Right then

thanx man.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Right then

It's a personal choice.

Brisas and Gran Club are both nice.

Caracol has gotten some bad reviews lately but that doesn't always mean anything so has Brisas LOL.

Mayanabo has the most improvements.

If you want a 5 star resort, this isn't the area.

If you want rest and relaxation .... any of them work.

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Right then

Well then let the relaxing begin , after the hour long 2 am bus ride of course.....nothing that a cold beer wont cure.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Right then

I would say Gran Club and Caracol.

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Right then

Im wondering the same decathar, currently debating between the Gran Club or the Brisas. Currently the Gran Club is sitting a bit cheaper but got my travel agent watching them closely. Could get the Gran Club for $1700.00 for two with all taxes in, wondering if it may drop a bit more as I have watched it drop a few times over the last two weeks. it;s a risky business this last minute thingy but kinda exciting at the same time. Would be leaving out of Winnipeg on Feb 28th. Landing in Camequay at approx 12:50am woo hoo.

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Right then

Yep sounds like us , I am not going to worry too much about saving a buck as much as having a kickass time, who knows maybe we will be on the same flight . My gal is not to pleased about arriving at such an ungodly hour but, its not vegas. I dance better tired and drunk.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Right then

If you read the reviews you can look at the travellers photos and each resort has over thousand pictures posted so you can get a better perspective of pools ,rooms and the beach. We(a party of 7) are staying at the Grand Club and leaving on the 28th on that evening flight. I thought that Brisas looks like a nicer resort but When I booked at Grand Club it was 200 less a person and I never stay in my room for anything other than sleeping and showering. One other bonus that I found out from reading other posts that we are allowed onto the other resorts for drinks and I think you can eat at their buffet if you let the sunwing rep at your hotel know .

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Right then

I agree deacthar a great time is most important to us, we are going to book by Monday at the latest, looks like it will be the Gran Club as kerrbear stated above it is comming in around $200.00 cheaper then the Brisas. We are the same the room is for sleeping and showering, give us a great beach with a cold beverage and I and the wife our happy.

@kerrbear when did you book your vacation? Was it booked in the last few days or did you book way in advance? I did know we were allowed to wander the other resorts but had no idea you could get drinks. We as well would be flying out on the 7:10pm flight if i recall correctly on the 28th of February. Can't wait.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations