We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Lucia Weather

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Santa Lucia Weather

Anyone know the average temperatures for the end of February into March for this area. Thanks all.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

Take a look at this link..

http://www.santaluciacuba.net/weather.html

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

hey thanks ddcuba37 I appreciate the link. Looking forward to our first visit to this beautiful country.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

which hotel are you staying at decirp? I am sure you won't be disappointed!

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

hey salsamama we are staying at the Gran Club Santa Lucia, real excited for our first trip to Cuba.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

We're going back to Caracol - next door - all 4 resorts in the area are within walking distance of each other and it's fun to go snooping LOL. I have been advised to pack a light sweater as the evenings can get cool. As for excursions, we did the day trip on the catamaran to Playa Bonita which was fun, but we really enjoyed the horse and buggy rides thru the countryside - and we took the little train excursion too which was really informative and we were taken into a school in the area... hop on a bike and ride down to the lagoon to see the pink flamingos. Take a horse and buggy or bike or horseback or cab and go down to Coco Beach (about 8km away) - it's beautiful! We went off the resort for dinner twice - once to our buggy driver's house for lobster/fish/shrimp, and once into Coco Beach... fabulous!! Pack whatever works best for you in regards to bug repellent and make sure your feet are well protected - noseeums, sand fleas and mossies... otherwise, relax and enjoy the Cuban hospitality!! Can't believe that next week at this time I will be there!! YEAH!!

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

salsamama I hear some of the best snorkeling off shore is actually right out front of the hotel your staying at so I am assuming we will probably bump into each other. Im a short bald guy with tattoos and my wife is a bit taller with long blonde hair and some tattoos, if you happen to see us go by or near your resort come on over and say hello as we love meeting new people on vacation. Cant wait 10 days till our arrival. When do you arrive and depart to your hotel??

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

We are there from Feb. 23 to Mar. 1... I hear there is a "coral garden" out front of Caracol - find the "boat house" where the boys have the life jackets etc and apparently it's straight out from there... sounds like you and my husband would be a hoot together LOL - he's the TALL (6'9") bald guy with a Che tattoo on his arm... and we usually plant ourselves on the beach near the kayaks... see you on the beach!!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

eeeeek 6'9? Hope you aren't flying Canjet LOL. My son is 6'3 and he has to sit with his legs apart and near the aisle on some planes like Canjet....but he never complains. I am 5'10 and my knees touch the back of the seat.

Have a good trip salsa :-

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

LOL - this will be our first time flying CanJet... it's NEVER a comfortable flight no matter which carrier we use LOL and yes, it will be aisle seats for both of us...

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa Lucia Weather

Hi Salsa mama!

We flew Canjet the last few times to Cuba and my son is 6'10" so I booked the seats with extra leg room for the 5 of us last Apr to Mayanabo. Canjet row 14 seats A B C D E F or row 15 seats A B C D E F would work for the tall guy. A little more expensive now $35 each but hey you're on holiday.

your hubby will be a celebrity as Cubans don't see many tall people and they were in awe of him all week which was really funny. Happy flight!!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations