We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Montreal/Halifax
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Well looks like Isaac tor travel right up through Santa Lucia Saturday morning at 9am.

weatheroffice.gc.ca/hurricane/track_e.html

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Yikes! Batten down the rum factories!

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

no rum factories in santa lucia! just an icecream factory. also 18 kilometres of reef and beach and some really wonderful friends! hope they are all safe. carol e.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,222 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Looks more like Saturday night/Sunday morning, and likely to be a tropical storm, not hurricane intensity. Wait and see.....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/090404.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

Isaac has yet to obtain hurricane status, and even if it does it may lose it over Haiti.

Edited: 23 August 2012, 11:58
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

We know someone from Toronto getting married Sat in Camaguey ... hope she enjoys her honeymoon :-0

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

It's still a tropical storm at this point and Cuba has issued warnings for several areas..including Camaguey.

"Forecasters with the National Hurricane Center said late Thursday night that Isaac, which is hampered by a loosely defined inner core, would strengthen if it remained over water -- but that projected interactions with Hispaniola and Cuba should now keep it from intensifying into a hurricane until it reaches the warm waters of the Florida Straits or Gulf of Mexico."

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

It seems to tracking further south now...the center of the storm will now pass just south of Camagüey City.

It's a bit of a catch 22...if it keeps tracking more further south, it may end up over open water between Jamaica and Cuba...and that wouldn't be good for either island. Over open water, the storm will gain strength and could possible turn into a hurricane much sooner than predicted...doing far more damage as it passes through the area.

Terry

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Just off the phone with Mi Esposa.. She told me the rain is very heavy and the wind is the same but she has seen worse. At this point it is not a real threat to her house but if it gets any worse she might get worried. If the phone is still working it cannot be to bad. I have my hopes that everything will be ok

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Hey there Mike,

Glad to hear you can still get through to her. I bet you've been very worried. Me too of course, but they've seen worse like you said. It'll all be over soon.

btw, I'm going to send you a new email...I have some very good news I want to share with you. :)

Terry

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

Hi Crazy.

Just off the phone again and much rain but not wind.. Very bad connection this time on the phone.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurricane Isaac projected for Saturday morning Santa Lucia

hmmmm no wind. Must have been inside the eye at the time.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations